testing openflower

  • chemflux

    chemflux - 2005-01-06

    I tested the performance of openflower using prisms_hexas.flw within examples folder
    I converted prisms_hexas.geo into *.msh using gmsh and excute OpenFlower command to combind with *.flw and *.msh
    I saw that the caculation results were going into out file..
    It takes too much time to complete procesure
    It was about 42 minute under Pentium 4 processor..
    Maybe we need to make cluster in order to perform our task well  
    The result of temperature profile was pretty good.
    It was my first CFD caculation!

    • Alexandre Chatelain

      It is good to hear that you succeeded the different steps in using OpenFlower ;-)

      Well, the prisms_hexas example file may not be optimized, I mean that the final time I gave in the input file maybe very large in terms of diffusion time...
      I hope that it's the case ?!!

      Anyway, I know that a little improvement must be done in the code since it is at its early stages. I already made a couple of months ago a (huge ! ) optimization saving up to (if I recall exactly) 25 % CPU time in computing diffusion... but I guess we could optimize it a little bit more.

      See you soon,

    • chemflux

      chemflux - 2005-01-07

      Hello, VortexFlow
      your answer about calculation time makes sense.
      optimization process is time consuming and quite difficult processs.
      I hope that the performance will be improved through modifying optimation process.
      Thank you


Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks