Menu

API

Matty
2009-08-07
2013-05-28
  • Matty

Matty - 2009-08-07

I'm looking on the Open Flash Chart 2 website for the API - what's possible for all of the elements so that I can create the JSON myself.  Is there an API document?  The examples are great but the full API seems to be missing which makes life hard.

• Rob Johnson

Rob Johnson - 2009-08-21

Yeah I agree, i'm going to be reverting to version 1 simply because the lack of documentation for version 2 is making simple stuff a nightmare.  Spent over an hour now trying to figure out how to make a bar clickable or find an example, to no avail.  Version 1 has an example right there on the main page.

(yeah i know it's free, and i'm not complaining, just pointing out that there's no point to features if people don't know how to use them)

• Mike

Mike - 2009-09-01

"there's no point to features if people don't know how to use them"

Very well said. It's a real pity for the developers who have put hard work into OFC because it's the more experienced users, who would tend to appreciated what has been created here, that are more likely to pass this tool up. Experienced programmers who code lean don't install entire libraries just to generate JSON.