Chuck Daemon - 2000-04-19

1. Transfer qnxflash into the root directory of your i-opener using the method of your choice.
2. Make it executable (chmod +x qnxflash).
3. Execute it without any arguments /qnxflash
4. You should get a usage summary.  If not then something went wrong in the transfer process, go back and double check everything.
5. Execute "/qnxflash -i" to get the device ID of the Flash chip.  It should display the manufacture ID and Device code (0xbf and 0xb6). If not let me know what it did display.
6. Execute "/qnxflash -r bios.bin" to read your bios into a file.
7. Execute "/qnxflash -v bios.bin" to verify the contents of the file against the image.  This is just a sanity check.
8. The big moment ... execute "/qnxflash -w bios.bin" to erase and reprogram your flash. Again hopefully it'll work.

9. Verify the image one final time "/qnxflash -v bios.bin".

If everything works then try it again a few times to see if it works reliability each time.

If the program set does not succeeded do *NOT* panic ... try it again. If you can't get the program command to work after several attempts try "/qnxflash -d -w bios.bin".  This will program the flash without verifying each byte as it is programmed.  (verify errors cause the program cycle to abort).

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to remove your chip and reprogram it in a burner.

Please document exactly what happens at each step. If anything goes wrong please let me know exactly what happened and what the error messages said.

If all of the tests pass feel free to program anything else you might want to try.  Qnxflash makes some simple sanity check to prevent the BIOS from being destroyed by obviously incorrect images data.  It does not currently check the checksum so be carefully if you hot patch a BIOS.

GOOD LUCK !

FreeBsdFan