Menu

Organizations data type returns provider name instead.

Help
2015-11-16
2015-11-23
  • Joel Erickson

Joel Erickson - 2015-11-16

I added a field in the Demographics layout under the Choices tab to return a list Organizations in the phone book. I chose data_type Organizations for the new field. Back in Demographics in the Choices tab, in edit mode, the field was present and gave me the choices of the organizations in the drop down as I expected. After saving the new data entry I went back to Choices to confirm the result and noticed that the last name and the first name of the provider for the desired Organization were displayed on the form where I had chosen the Organization name from the drop down! Strange!

Must be a bug in the php file. Can someone point me to the appropriate php file and recommend a change that will fix this? Thanks.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-11-16

Administration/Addr Book is where data is stored for other physician offices, labs or entities that the practice dealing with.

See Wiki article on LBV forms.

• Joel Erickson

Joel Erickson - 2015-11-16

Once the physician contact info are entered into the Address Book I would like to make "Organization" a new field in the Demographics/Choices tab. I suspect that can be done by adding a field to the Demographics LBV form and assigning data type "Organizations". However I run into the problem described above.

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2015-11-17

Hello Joel

The Organization data type value always displays the provider name instead of thier organization on saving. This can be fixed by customizing the code to display the organization name whenever it exists in the users table.
        Here goes the commit link of the fix.

Thanks
        OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
        ViSolve Inc
        services@visolve.com | Phone: 408-850-2243
        Demo's @ ViSolve Demo Library

• Joel Erickson

Joel Erickson - 2015-11-17

Thanks ViSolve!

I am going to back up tonight then try the fix tomorrow. I am new at this so should I just open the php file in Notepad++ and copy the new code from the GITHUB page and paste it over the old code and insert the new lines where needed?

I also noticed that option 2 for Billing_Code data type does not save the description when saved. It displays the ICD code itself instead. Is there a similar fix for that?

• Brady Miller

Brady Miller - 2015-11-17

Hi Visolve,
    Since this is supposed to be a "Organization" data type, this seems like a fix that should go into the codebase. thoughts?
    -brady
    OpenEMR

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2015-11-17

Agreed Brady.

Thanks
      ViSolve Inc

• Brady Miller

Hi Visolve,
        I just committed your fix to the codebase. Thanks!
        -brady
        OpenEMR

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2015-11-17

Hello Joel & Brady

This Commit Link is to save and display the code description when Option 2 is given for the 'Billing Codes' data type.

@Joel, make sure to give the max size appropriately for the 'Billing Codes' field in order to accept the code descriptions for the above fix.

Thanks
    ViSolve Inc
    services@visolve.com | Phone: 408-850-2243
    Demo's @ ViSolve Demo Library

• Joel Erickson

Joel Erickson - 2015-11-17

ViSolve,

Thanks very much. Both fixes worked! I appreciate it! Only one more problem created. Now the billing code itself wont save (billing_code data type, without option 2). I inserted the lines in your commit, didnt delete anything.

• Brady Miller

Hi Visolve,
    Regarding the code description fix, I placed a comment on github.
    -brady
    OpenEMR

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2015-11-18

Hello Brady

The fix to display the description instead of saving it has been done and here is the commit link.

Thanks
      ViSolve Inc

• Joel Erickson

Joel Erickson - 2015-11-19

ViSolve, you're awsome. Thanks for doing this! There is still a problem with the fix though. The description is displayed as expected when one ICD code description is needed. But when a 2nd code description is needed, because a 2nd ICD code is reported, the first description disappears or is not saved and only the 2nd description is saved.

By the way, you cannot choose multiple ICD codes in one field when the billing_code data type is used in an LBV form the way you can string multiple codes in the fee sheet (per Brady's comment in github). If you need to display 2 ICD codes you have to create another field for it in the LBV form. So also if you want to display 2 descriptions you have to create another field for the 2nd description. However, as descibed, only one description is saved.

• Brady Miller

Brady Miller - 2015-11-23

Hi Visolve,
          I placed a comment on your most recent code decription fix commit.
          -brady
          OpenEMR