can't acess localhost/openemr

Help
Lee Yu Fei
2016-04-22
2016-04-26
  • Lee Yu Fei

Lee Yu Fei - 2016-04-22

Hi all,
    I am using Mac (El Capitian). I have installed XAMPP and extracted the openemr-4.2.1.zip file into the htdocs folder of XAMPP. However, I received the Error 404 when I tried to access localhost/openemr. I have also imported the openemr-4.2.1.zip file into the database phpmyadmin and the problem still exists.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks!!

• fsgl

fsgl - 2016-04-22

Did you turn on Apache while in Xampp Control?

OE 4.2.1 does not belong in the database.

You will need to start all over again, as explained in the second paragraph here.

Be certain to go slowly & follow the steps carefully.

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2016-04-22

Hi Lee,

Greetings from ViSolve!

Can you please check your openemr extracted folder name in htdocs folder.
    Please try accessing your instance using localhost/<openemr_extracted_foldername>.

Note: Make sure you replace the openemr folder name in <openemr_extracted_foldername>

Thanks
    OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
    ViSolve Inc
    services@visolve.com | Phone: 408-850-2243
    Demo's @ ViSolve Demo Library

• Lee Yu Fei

Lee Yu Fei - 2016-04-25

HI ViSolve,
      Thanks for your reply. I followed your advice and changed the openemr folder name. I could access it though localhost/<openemr_extracted_foldername> now.

I was prompted to change my permissions for the following files. However, I did tried to change it but received illegal group name error if I use the command, chown -R apache:apache directory_name. Please advise me on how to solve this problem. Thank you!!

Ensuring following directories have proper permissions...

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/sites/default/documents' for writing by web server.
      (configure directory permissions; see below for further instructions)

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/sites/default/edi' for writing by web server.

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/sites/default/era' for writing by web server.

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/sites/default/letter_templates' for writing by web server.

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/gacl/admin/templates_c' for writing by web server.

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pntemplates/compiled' for writing by web server.

UNABLE to open directory '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pntemplates/cache' for writing by web server.

You can't proceed until all directories are ready.
      In linux, recommend changing owners of these directories to the web server. For example, in many linux OS's the web server user is 'apache', 'nobody', or 'www-data'. So if 'apache' were the web server user name, could use the command 'chown -R apache:apache directory_name' command.
      Fix above directory permissions and then click the 'Check Again' button to re-check directories.

• Lee Yu Fei

Lee Yu Fei - 2016-04-25

I have solved the permissions problem by changing permissions at the folders. Now I am encountered with the problem at OpenEMR setup step 3 as shown below:

Configuring OpenEMR...

Connecting to MySQL Server...
        Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/library/classes/Installer.class.php:457 Stack trace: #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/library/classes/Installer.class.php(103): Installer->connect_to_database('localhost', 'root', '', '3306') #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/setup.php(327): Installer->root_database_connection() #2 {main} thrown in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/openemr_extracted_4.2.1/library/classes/Installer.class.php on line 457

Please advise me on how to solve this. Thank you!

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2016-04-25

Which version of XAMPP / PHP / Mysql are you using ?

Thanks
          ViSolve Inc

• Lee Yu Fei

Lee Yu Fei - 2016-04-25

Version 7.0.5-0

Thanks.

• ViSolve

ViSolve - 2016-04-25

This extension was deprecated in PHP 5.5.0, and it was removed in PHP 7.0.0. Refer link

You need to use php 5.5. or lower.

Thanks
              ViSolve Inc

• Lee Yu Fei

Lee Yu Fei - 2016-04-26

Thanks!! I managed to install it!

• fsgl

fsgl - 2016-04-22

Flying Fish is a wonderful user name, full of symbolism & imagery.

Not a bad name to bestow on a child.

• Tony McCormick

Tony McCormick - 2016-04-22

better than my cousins name: Barley Buckeye Oats (no kidding)

• fsgl

fsgl - 2016-04-22

Another colorful name.

Barley soup, good; oatmeal, nice; buckeye, supposedly toxic.