Menu

Need XAMPP Control Panel Open after initial setup?

Help
Steve W
2015-10-15
2015-10-16
  • Steve W

Steve W - 2015-10-15

Installed OpenEMR successfully on Windows 7 machine, version 4.2.0, XAMPP v3.2.1 via this method.

Quick question, after initializing the Apache and MySQL module services, I've noticed everytime I open XAMPP control both services have already been started. Do I even need to open (as administrator) XAMPP Control Panel every time I run the EMR for clinical use after this initial setup? Does it need to run in the background in order for the EMR to function appropriately?

Thank you,
    Steve

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-10-15

Once Apache & MySQL have been started, no need to restart.

Apache must be stopped & restarted with any changes to xampp\php\php.ini. Stopping/restarting MySQL is done automatically with backup.

Both services must be running in background during use. If not. login is not possible.

• Steve W

Steve W - 2015-10-16

Thanks FSGL!

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-10-16

It was my pleasure.

CVerk's backup works like a charm.

Last edit: fsgl 2015-10-17
  • Art Eaton

Art Eaton - 2015-10-16

I would test shutting your server machine on and off to make sure that the firewall isn't interfering with the xampp control panel's starting of services. Every once in a while, net.exe or IIS or some other windows service stomps on it. If you get it straight once, you should be able to depend on it unless someone is installing new software/services elsewhere.