Menu

OpenEMR and Linuxmint in the last few months

M S
2014-02-05
2014-02-05
  • M S

M S - 2014-02-05

There has to be something that has changed in Linuxmint (13 on) in the last number of months which is creating these problems - I cannot recover over 200 patients and I am concerned that I may not be able to fix this properly. I hate putting anything into the existing computer when I cannot properly backup du to this tmp error and nor can I do a restore for the same reason.

Okay, I used the back up script that was given in another post as I cannot create a tmp/emr_backup/openemr.tar.gz

Now went to install (using the restore script after following directions) however get:

WARNING: This script is experimental.
    It may have serious bugs or omissions.
    Use it at your own risk!
    Now you will be asked for the backup file.
    By default this is named emr_backup.tar, although you may have saved it as something else.

Enter path/name of backup file: /home/alpinehealth/openemr/emr_backup.tar

Extracting /home/alpinehealth/openemr/emr_backup.tar ...
    Extracting /tmp/emr_backup/openemr.tar.gz ...
    tar (child): ../openemr.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    Error: tar could not extract '/tmp/emr_backup/openemr.tar.gz'.

There has to be something that has changed in Linuxmint (13 on) in the last number of months which is creating these problems - I cannot recover over 200 patients and I am concerned that I may not be able to fix this properly. I hate putting anything into the existing computer when I cannot properly backup du to this tmp error and nor can I do a restore for the same reason.

Any help appreciated.

• Rod Roark

Rod Roark - 2014-02-05

Check to see if /tmp/emr_backup/openemr.tar.gz exists after the restore script exits. Also if /tmp is a separate partiton, check to see how much space is available in it (the "df" command will help with that). Could be it's just not big enough.

Rod
    http://www.sunsetsystems.com/