Update Greasemonkey code for Allscripts

Kevin Yeh
2013-07-24
2015-05-19
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-24

I believe the reason why search fails sometimes is if the greasemonkey triggered search happens while the tab containing allscripts is "in the background." Allscripts needs to be "active". This is why search seems to work consistently on "login" (you have to activate the window to enter your password.) Also search always worked when I put allscripts in a browser window of it's on a separate monitor. But if it is in a separate tab if you click over fast enough when hitting the allscripts button in OpenEMR it works, but if you just leave it running and then click over, it fails.

To address this I've done two things. As MD Support suggested I added a button labeled "OpenEMR" on the search screen which populates the search fields then clicks Allscripts' search button. So after an initial login to Allscripts if one wants to search for a new patient based on the active OpenEMR patient, click the tab for Allscripts, then hit the OpenEMR button.

I've also changed the Allscripts button in OpenEMR. It now by default activates Allscripts in one of OpenEMR's frames. (RBot by default RTop, if RBot is hidden.) This way the allscripts window is active.

I doesn't look like Sourceforge lets you create an attachment for the initial post in a topic, so the next message in this thread will have the updated script attached.

• TrueNorth

TrueNorth - 2013-07-27

Kevin- I am very interested in your initiative however I do not have a complete understand of what you are attempting to achieve. I do not see very much background or detail in the post. Looks like you are doing some pretty cool integration.

• Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-24

Here is the updated script. Let me know of issues.

• Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-24

There is a checkbox next to the allscripts button now too. If you want it to work the "old way" (opens allscripts in a separate window) check it.

• David

David - 2013-07-25

Still not populating the search box for us either way, (new or old using check box)
    workstation is Win8 sp1, FireFox 22. Server is Ubuntu 11.10, OpenEMR 4.1.1 (12)

• Kim Weesner

Kim Weesner - 2013-07-26

Not populating search box for me also. It only runs in RBot window on my website server, does not work on client only machines. By the way I also used your prescription_import table for my HL7-v3 CDA importer. The CDA contains more information than Allscripts excel file so I left the fields in the table that you deleted and just added presc_count and pi_error. I use all the old fields like they are named except for pharmacy_note and I use it for the RXNORM drug code. I am using both importers together with no trouble, just Allscripts website weirdness, I am also trying to figure out the GM search issue.
    Kim

• Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-27

What do you see when you click the additional "OpenEMR" button on the Allscripts site?
    Can you check "about:config" and filter for the greasemonkey settings? Do you see entries for AllscriptsIntegration.patientXXXX?

• David

David - 2013-07-27

Kevin,

I can not locate anything resembling "about:config". Where do I look?

• David

David - 2013-07-27

Kevin,

This is what I see after setting the system focus on a patient who is entered in Allsripts and clicking the OpenEMR button in Allscripts.

I can not locate anything resembling "about:config". Where do I look?

Regards,

David

Last edit: David 2013-07-27
  • Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-27

type about:config in the URL bar at the top of Firefox as if you were going to a different page.You'll get a warning from firefox about knowing what you are doing.

Then in the "search" box type greasemonkey
    it should filter and show you some relevant information.

• Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-27

When you hit the OpenEMR button, do you ever see the patient's names displayed?

• David

David - 2013-07-27

Not that I can tell, on click, the screen jumps up vertically a little then settles back but I see nothing change in the patients name box.

the about:config view is attached

Attachments
  • Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2013-07-29

When functioning correctly the patientFNAME,patientLNAME,patientDOBXXXX variables on the about:config screen for greasemonkey are supposed to reflect the current OpenEMR patient's information.
    One reason this might not be the case is that the prior versions of the script only understand the YYYY-MM-DD date format. So if you have changed this under globals>locale to MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY that would explain part of the problem.

This updated version will work with MM/DD/YYYY format now.

• CVerk

CVerk - 2013-07-29

So far, that one seems to work great. It is pretty cool that you can have allscripts open up within the lower openemr window instead of in another browser window. It makes it easier to cross check your medication lists and enter prescription information into the patients chart.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2013-07-31

The new script partially works to populate established accounts in the Allscripts website for the free version (not Deluxe) in another tab. One cannot expect all the benefits without paying for it. Another freebie, another reason to be happy.

• Marcin

Marcin - 2013-08-18

The script uses 'id' for MRN when adding patients using the 'Load from OpenEMR' button. The 'id' is assigned and auto incremented by OpenEMR. I have uploaded my existing patient demographics to OpenEMR db and stored the current MRN in 'External ID' (pubpid column in patient_data table). To have the script use the External ID for MRN change line 308 of the script from

patID=$("#gmOEMRInfo").find("input[name='db_id']").val();

to

patID=$("#gmOEMRInfo").find("input[name='form_pubpid']").val();

Marcin

• OEMR User

OEMR User - 2014-08-12

I have trouble loading up patient's information from OpenEMR to Allscript in the last few days since Firefox update to the new version 31.0 (When I click on "Load from OpenEMR", nothing happens).

Does anyone have this problem and do you have a fix for this yet?

I am using Windows 7 Pro

Thanks.

• Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2014-08-12

http://wiki.greasespot.net/@grant

Can you edit your local copy of the script and add the following lines in the "metadata" section at the top and test it out.

// @grant GM_getValue
      // @grant GM_setValue
      // @grant GM_xmlhttpRequest

I think there have been some permissions/security changes with FF 31 and greasemonkey scripts now need explicit permission to use some of the Greasemonkey API features.

• OEMR User

OEMR User - 2014-08-12

I've tried the above instruction but it's not working. I add it above, within and bellow the "UserScript". Do you any other suggestion? Thanks

Last edit: OEMR User 2014-08-12
        • Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2014-08-13

What version of Greasemonkey do you have installed?

Are sure that you forced a "reinstall" of the script after making the changes?

Any error messages in the console?

• fsgl

fsgl - 2014-08-12

I have Allscripts Free & would not notice this problem.

Script update or using Chrome was suggested here.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2014-08-19

Updated Firefox to 31.0 & promptly lost the Allscripts button & check box in Windows, Greasemonkey version 2.1.

Did the following:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Add-ons Manager->User Scripts (side tab)->Allscripts Integration-> click Options.
    3. Click Edit This User Script, see attachment 1.
    4. Add to lines 15, 16, 17 as shown in attachment 2.
    5. Save.
    6. Restart Firefox.

Got the Allscripts button & check box back, but now patient search is required. Prior to Firefox 31.0, patients entered into the Allscripts database would appear automatically, even with Free Allscripts.

Last edit: fsgl 2014-08-21
    Attachments
  • CVerk

CVerk - 2014-11-18

Has anybody else noted that the latest update at Allscripts seems to have interupted the ability to import new patient demographics from OpenEmr into Allscripts.

• Hareendranath

Hareendranath - 2015-01-07

Problem with the latest update of Allscripts, Load from openemr button not working after updating to the latest version.I have tried changing the date format still the button is not working.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-01-07

There has been no resolution since last August.

• Marcin

Marcin - 2015-04-18

I have been developed a Greasemonkey script to enhance Allscripts functionality. It can run along the Allscripts Integration. Now you can
    1. Change the destination pharmacy in bulk, e.g., you can choose to print all 10 scripts with a single click
    2. When you review medication history you can select all medications or all PBM reported medications with a single click.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3379-allscripts-enhancements

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-04-18

Thank you for your contribution.

The Greasemonkey Integration script has never worked since Firefox 31.0.

If you can get it functional again, it will be greatly appreciated.

• Marcin

Marcin - 2015-04-18

This is related to security changes in Greasemonkey. I have made necessary changes and posted it on Greasyfork. Let me know if this fixes your problem.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9306-allscripts-integrationmm

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-04-19

At long last we have a fix. Thank you so very much!

New Integration script worked fine on Free Allscripts. I'll asked the 2 previous posters to test the script as well.

I know CVerk has the Deluxe version, so some feedback from him will be helpful.

Will update the Wiki as well.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-06

Free never had the automatic "Add Patient" feature.

Need Deluxe, $20-$49 per month.

• David

David - 2015-05-06

Not to seem argumentative but you're wrong. We used the load from OpenEMR
      button (Kevin's GM script for firefox) with AllScripts free for over a
      year. It was a blessing for us that we valued, but not worth $240 - $600 a
      year.
      On May 6, 2015 6:53 AM, "fsgl" fsgl@users.sf.net wrote:

Free never had the automatic "Add Patient" feature.

Need Deluxe, $20-$49 per month.

Update Greasemonkey code for Allscripts

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202504/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-06

If you had it way back when, great. Good while it lasted.

We never did. Manual input of names, dob, gender & zip code not a hardship.

Allscripts is pretty wealthy without my contribution.

• CVerk

CVerk - 2015-05-07

I've always used the free version as well, and it did for a long time work flawlessly to transfer info on new patients. This newer one doesn't work for that either and now if you go to allscripts in firefox you get a security script warning you have to click through. It does not do that under internet explorer, but the greasemonkey script is specific to firefox. Firefox is even more messed up under windows 8.1, because the openemr edit buttons for things like medication lists don't work under firefox, but work under internet explorer.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-07

CVerk, I assumed that you had Deluxe from this post.

We were never able to login from the bottom screen either, thinking that this was another feature of Deluxe.

I just emailed Marcin asking him to have a look at recent posts.

Modules on the right in Patient Summary like insurance cards, Passive Alerts & editing Issues are working again pre-Firefox 31.0, after upgrade to 37.0.2.

Last edit: fsgl 2015-05-07
  • Marcin

Marcin - 2015-05-07

Allscripts Integration should work with both free and deluxe Allscripts ePrescribe product. It is certainly not a Deluxe feature.

'Load from OpenEMR' works for me on Firefox 37.0.2 on Mac, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04. 'Allscripts' button in OpenEMR works fine for me.

I am using OpenEMR 4.1.3-dev.

If you do not see the 'Allscripts' button then I suspect you did not install your OpenEMR in the standard directory. For example login url must look like this

http://your_host/openemr/interface/login/login_frame.php?site=default

If if it looks like this for example, your Allscripts Integration will not work

http://your_host/emr/interface/login/login_frame.php?site=default

Last edit: Marcin 2015-05-07
  • fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-07

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for the rapid response.

I think we all have the Allscripts button & check box in Patient Summary. No question about the correct URL.

Upgrading Greasemonkey from 2.3 to 3.1 & re-installing both your scripts made no difference.

I'm still unable to login from the bottom screen. Login is only possible in another tab.

After login, the patient's last name appears; while the first name is visible for a few seconds, then disappears. The Load From OpenEMR button is not working & has never worked for us over the past 2-3 years.

Perhaps a little more digging will remedy both problems, I'll correct the Wiki at that point.

Last edit: fsgl 2015-05-07
  • Marcin

Marcin - 2015-05-07

David said he has no Allscripts button in demographics.

Hard to know why it is not working for you fsgl. I would recommend removing any Greasmonkey scripts and re-installing the script from greasyfork.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-07

Clarification is needed about the Allscripts button in David's case.

Just tried install on my test copy, Linux Mint 17. Problems persisting.

Is there a setting in scripts Options that needs changing? I've a hunch that it's something very simple. Too bad I don't know what it is.

Automatic transfer is a not a biggie for us because we never had it to begin with. However it seems to be a big disappointment for others.

We are quite pleased that search is not longer necessary for patients for whom we've entered demographics previously.

• CVerk

CVerk - 2015-05-08

I am using the current openemr with patch 1 in Windows 8, 7 and vista, and firefox with auto updating employed. The menus mentioned in openemr don't seem to work only in windows 8. The allscripts button is present in openemr with the new script, and if you are signed in to allscripts and click it , the patient comes up in the allscripts search box and loads if previously entered in allscripts. If you are not signed in, which happens if you haven't used it for a few minutes, then you have to sign in and enter and search manually to find the patient in allscripts. If the patient has not previously been entered in allscripts, the button to load demographics from openemr into allscripts does not work and you have to enter them manually. Its not really a huge deal as I have been using it long enough to have the majority of people seen already entered, but it could be a bigger deal for a new user to get started. I probably put 50 prescriptions into allscripts today, so if you had to enter demographics on all of them like a new user would, it could be a pretty big deal. Hopefully, that is helpful in trying to repair it.

• Marcin

Marcin - 2015-05-11

It's really hard to know what the problem is. Everything is working for me under multiple OSs and browsers (I uses both firefox and chrome). fsgl and CVerk if you one of you has your open emr on the web I could take a look to get this issue solved for the community.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-11

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the offer.

My production copy is used offline & even putting the test copy online makes me queasy.

We will have to wait for a volunteer.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-12

On second thought, Marcin, I don't think the Demo would work. The problem does not lie in OpenEMR but with the way each of the individual Firefox is handling the script. You would need something like LogMeIn to get a sense of the situation. If this is incorrect, please advise.

Can you think of anything I can look for in the Firefox console that might offer some clues? Should I post the Firefox console messages when Allscript does not open in the lower frame or when the Load from OpenEMR button does not work?

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-05-12

First attachment with inability to login from lower frame.

Second attachment with Load from OpenEMR.

Any light bulbs switching on?

Last edit: fsgl 2015-05-12
    Attachments
  • Marcin

Marcin - 2015-05-12

FSGL you have five systems interacting together. OpenEMR, Allscripts, Firefox, Greasemonkey, and Allscripts Integration script. To find out where the problem is you need to isolate it as it could be with any of the five components. So for example if this works with the demo site but not with your local installation then you know you need to look at your local installation. If it does not work with the demo site then you know the problem is with Firefox, Greasemonkey, or the Allscripts Integration script.

Another suggestion is to clear your browser cache.

The console shots were non-diagnostic.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks