Menu

Prescription Module?

2017-02-12
2017-02-12
  • Joyce Boyd

Joyce Boyd - 2017-02-15

Hi Brady,

I'm very interested in getting this module to work and adding some other features added if possible. Our clinic cannot afford AllScripts subscription fee and I cannot tell what NewCropRx's fee is. I won't have time to work on it for a few weeks as I am trying to complete my project for school. If anyone has anything to contribute please do so.

Thanks,

Joyce

• Harley Tuck

Harley Tuck - 2017-02-15

Can't speak for Allscripts but NewCrop's business model is to have vendors of OpenEMR support re- sell subscriptions to their eRx service, rather than selling direct to the customer. I know MI-Squared is one of the vendors; you can check the OpenEMR Professional Support page for others.
    http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Professional_Support
    Rgds- Harley

• MD Support

MD Support - 2017-02-16

Not sure if Allscripts still has free eRx option. But if they do, you can use our script that takes their details report file and creates prescription entrites by matching patient name. Since it is not a fully integrated solution, this approach entails manual tasks and some discipline on part of clinic staff. Occasionaly Allscript changes the layout of the report which needs tweaks. It takes about 5 minutes per day per prescriber but overall it has worked for us last few years. Biggest drawback there is Allscripts pushes for paid service if you need controlled sub. rxes.

There is Weno effort by Sherwin Gaddis that uses different incentives model which could probably be a free option. However that project seems to have run into commercial issues. After 5.0 rollout we will try to make that a viable option for community. I am sure Sherwin will appreciate if you pitch in.