This is an API for storing the documents in Apache CouchDB instead of in the disk. It is implemented in such a way that it is configurable whether to store the documents only in the disk or CouchDB or in both. The CouchDB has got a good replication feature which will make it easy to have a copy of documents in another system. We think this feature will be useful when the documents total size grows into GBs.
Even though CouchDB is not officially supported in Windows an unofficial version is available here:
Linux version is available here:
We have implemented this feature in Documents upload/download screen in Patient Demographics. This feature also can be used for storing the following files:
1) Generated X12 file
2) Generated PDF file
3) ERA file
We will implement it after getting the feedback from the community.
1) Install the Apache CouchDB.
2) If installation is success, normally it will be available on port number 5984.
3) It can be reached through the browser (http://localhost:5984).
4) Basic administration utility will be available in http://localhost:5984/_utils.
5) Initially it is running without username and password with all privileges. This can be reset by going to CouchDB\etc\couchdb\local.ini. In the lower side uncomment the
;admin = mysecretpassword . Put the desired password. On restarting the couchDB, this will take effect and also the password set will be hashed in the local.ini.
6) Enable CouchDB from GLOBALS->Features->Document Storage Method.
Please note that this is a test feature which we are using in our own servers. Welcome for the comments from the community.
Thanks & Regards