processing the Queue

• Anonymous - 2013-05-08

I tried to reproduce the sample API session from here:

It works correctly up to a point, but on this line:
    (fi-ask '(#$isa #$Fido #$Mammal) #$BaseKB nil 2)

it returns

I see the command show up in the Master Transcript a few seconds later. How do I tell the server to go ahead and process the queue? I set the following setting

What Do You Want To Do With Processed Operations?
       Send Immediately To Everybody

and my agenda is currently running.

• Anonymous - 2013-05-08

In this case I could get the answer in various other ways using the Java API, I just am trying to understand why CycL behaves the way it does. For example, I would like to be able to get back a chain of reasoning, but the only way I have found to do that is by using PROVE in CycL, which behaves the same way (returns :QUEUED.)

• Vijay Raj

Vijay Raj - 2013-05-10

FI-ASK bottoms out to NEW-CYC-QUERY. "new-cyc-query" should be used to return results.

The fully bound query will return true or could not prove. For true "(NIL)" is the data structure returned by new-cyc-query. When it can't prove, we return "NIL". Note the only difference is NIL vs singleton NIL, i.e. NIL within parenthesis.

• Anonymous - 2013-05-13

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that difference (between NIL and (NIL)). If you don't mind a further question, what Cyc-L commands should I use to obtain
    1. the steps of a proof (used to be "fi-prove" I think)
    2. the parse of an English phrase (used to be "parser" I think)
    3. The natural language version of a statement (the kind you can get in the KB browser window)

• Anonymous - 2013-05-13

I just found the answer to question 3 above:

• Anonymous - 2013-05-14

Actually, those were the answer to question 2.
    The answer to question 3 is "generate-text-w/sentential-force."
    All of these seem to be working except parse-a-sentence-completely and parse-a-question-completely, which always seem to return NIL, even on the example sentences:

(parse-a-question-completely "What countries border on Turkmenistan?" #$RKFParsingMt '(:wff-check? t))

• Anonymous - 2013-05-14

I should probably clarify that these questions are about researchCyc, not OpenCyc.

• Vijay Raj

Vijay Raj - 2013-05-16

parse-a-question-completely will not be available for ResearchCyc for now.

We will be releasing documentation for our OpenCyc Java APIs soon. Please stay tuned!

• Himadri Khargharia

Hi Vijay,

I am looking for the Java API documentation, has it been released yet.

I am looking for an Java API where actually we can pass the English sentence and get back a result in near about English Language, for the terms that are there in the KB.

• Kaja Zupanc

Kaja Zupanc - 2014-02-18

I am also looking for a function where we can pass the English sentence and get back the parsed terms. Since the parse-a-question-completely and parse-a-sentence-completely once worked, is it likely that this would be available again in one of the next ResearchCyc releases?

Thanks for the answer.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks