How do I create new fields?

Iowa
2014-01-17
2014-01-21
  • Iowa

Iowa - 2014-01-17

I'm a potential user. (No development skills.) I'm looking at the Demo. I don't see how to get to the place where I create new fields in a Contact record. Can anyone help me?

• Iowa

Iowa - 2014-01-21

OK.
    1. What is the maximum number of user-defined fields which can be activated without development skills?
    2. Do you not think that this is a significant disadvantage vis-a-vis other CRM's? In other CRM's the administrator can create an infinite number of fields.

• Christoph Mueller

Typically, there are 4 single-valued and 1 multi-valued user-defined attributes of each type (i.e. string, boolean, code, date, etc.) available plus an unlimited number through the use of PropertyDataBindings. Select objects (e.g. accounts) have many more user-defined attributes (because they are needed there, based on experience).

All of this is explained in the customizing guide which is published at
    http://www.opencrx.org/opencrx/2.12/customizing/openCRX_customizing.html

"What can you do if you need even more user-definable attributes, i.e. more than the ones provided by CrxObject? This is where the PropertyDataBinding concept comes in handy. With PropertyDataBindings you get access to a virtually unlimited pool of user-definable attributes. See chapter 8.7.1 PropertyDataBinding for a detailed introduction into this topic)."