Setup

Help
Tom
2003-07-16
2012-09-23
  • Tom

Tom - 2003-07-16

This is probably a ridiculously easy problem, but stil...
    i set everything up to the letter form the install instructions. the problem is, when I try to run the install script in the install directory, it asks for a paswword, etc. The install instructions say put in admin for everything until you change it. Well, that simply does not work. In fact, nothing works. Anything I put in (as database user I created, as root user, as admin, etc etc etc) all get rejected.
    I edited the database constants file as asked, and tried several different users there as well, but still nothing.
    I also get "error accessing config settings" no matter where I try to go. I'm sure this is simpy a permissions problem, but the above password problem to get the databse running really baffles me. any suggestions?

• Jose Antonio Chavarria

You have to delete the file named .htaccess into the install directory and repeat the installation process. This file is not needed in a real configuration. I only use it for demo reasons.

Luck.
        jact

• Tom

Tom - 2003-07-28

See? Simple and stupid. Thanks for your help. I promise not to be such a dumbass in the future ;)

• fedwards

fedwards - 2005-01-17

Hola folks,

I need a little help with Spanish Language support. I have enabled it in the program but I think Apache needs somthing to display special characters in the web browser. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks in Advance.

• fedwards

fedwards - 2005-01-17

Never mind got it figured out. Great software. Thanks

• Cristian Muñoz

Cristian Muñoz - 2010-07-23

I can not configure it in Spanish.
    He says that the update is successful, but it is not.
    Help me.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks