Menu

pixel 6 reporting ony 2 cameras in both camera and camera2, only switches between regular fron and selfie

cff
2021-11-22
2023-03-06
  • cff

cff - 2021-11-22

• Pau

Pau - 2021-11-22

I noticed this too. On the Pixel 6 Pro it does use aux lenses when the zoom slider reaches a certain level. For example, increasing zoom to ≥4.3x switches from the default 6.8 mm lens to the aux. 19 mm zoom lens. Though it be nice to have a dedicated icon for that (other 3rd party camera apps already do that).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2021-11-23

Testing on the Pixel 6 Pro and would also very much like the option to select the main, wide angle and tele lenses. Firstlight app allows that. Any other apps you know of? Thanks.

• Pau

Pau - 2021-11-24

The only other 3rd party camera app with dedicated buttons to switch between lenses I am aware off is ProShot.

• Nicolas Raoul

Nicolas Raoul - 2023-03-06

I would love to capture as many pixels as the telephoto lens can cover, but I am not sure Open Camera can currently do it: At 4x or even 4.14x Open Camera refuses to use the telephoto lens.

Only from 4.28x and above does the telephoto lens accept to work. I checked this by briefly passing my finger over the telephoto lens at different zoom levels, shooting a very bright building 200 meters away.

In any case, it would be super useful to have a button to directly set the zoom to the lowest zoom level that uses the telephoto lens. If I am missing anything please let me know. :-)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel