From: David Burgess <david@ra...> - 2011-04-29 21:45:18
[My apologies to those who receive two copies of this.]
There will be a 3-day workshop on use and structure of the OpenBTS 2.6 public release ("P2.6"), conducted on 1st to the 3rd of June 2011 in San Francisco, California. In this workshop, students will configure, operate and modify a small network of nanocells distributed throughout an industrial building. This will be an immersive workshop, with morning, afternoon and evening sessions and most meals taken together as a group.
This event is intended for people interested in educational or experimental uses of the public release of the OpenBTS software. There will be a second workshop on the 8th to the 10th of June 2011 on the use of the commercial release of OpenBTS in larger, subscriber-facing networks. For more information about the commercial workshop, please contact Scott Bain, scott@...
The cost of the public release P2.6 workshop will be $1,295 US Dollars. This cost includes lunch and dinner on each day of the event, but does not include breakfast or lodging.
We are looking into the feasibility of a group rate with a hotel. The nearest major hotel is the San Francisco Marriott Marquis at 55 Fourth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 and they can be reached at (415) 896-1600. The location of the workshop is just two blocks from the Caltrain station at 4th and King Street and a short walk from the Powell Street BART Station.
The tentative schedule is:
evening -- Introductions and welcome dinner.
* An overview of the OpenBTS approach and the hardware "kit".
* Configuration #1: isolated cells and an initial tour of OpenBTS configuration
* OpenBTS 2.6 services: registration, speech calls, and SMS.
2 June: Mobility
* GSM/SIP mobility
* Configuration #2: a unified multi-BTS network and a closer look at configuration, the CLI and GSM-TAP with Wireshark.
* Radio propagation
3 June: The OpenBTS Source Code
* Implementing custom short code services in smqueue.
* "Hacking" other transactions: LUR, calls, SMS.
* Open working session, Q&A.
We can accept up to 12 students. Registration and payment information will be posted shortly. Immediate inquiries can go to info@...