Menu

How does one install this type of file?

Anonymous
2013-11-03
2014-04-02
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-03

My Windows 7 OS doesn't recognize how to and 7 Zip can't extract it either... I don't see any readme's or other notes.

• Alexey

Alexey - 2013-11-04

Hi!
      Use 7-Zip to unpack it.
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip

• Dan

Dan - 2014-01-02

Hi, this is a great software, thanks for your initiative.
    I got this error message:
    :{Failed to determine packet's timestamp. Pts:[0], dts:[0].}.
    I'm not sure how to address it, the file is a regular .avi file created in After Effects, but the conversion only outputted the first frame, not the whole 6 sec. animation.

• Alexey

Alexey - 2014-01-02

Hi Dan,
      Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Unfortunately, not all software fills up all info (relative to video stream or frames) during encoding. In order to know when to stop processing openAviToGif needs timestamps which (at least some of them) are missing in your case. In some way, it is also openAviToGif's fault. I will try to do something about it in next version.

Now all you can do is to use video converters, for example 'VirtualDub' or 'Format Factory', and try to encode your video with different settings - different codecs, different containers (mkv, mpg). Then use them in openAviToGif - some of them may work.

• Dan

Dan - 2014-01-02

Thanks Alexey.
        I converted the video to mpg2 and this time openAviToGif converted the whole clip. But the result was not as good as the original (lossless) AVI because of the mpg2 conversion artifacts.
        I wish there was a utility that allowed me to manually add the missing info in the uncompressed AVI for openAviToGif to complete the conversion.

• Dan

Dan - 2014-01-02

But I do look forward to your next version :)

Last edit: Dan 2014-01-02
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-19

OpenAvitoGif ver 0.3 works. You have changed something in 0.5 ver.

• Alexey

Alexey - 2014-03-20

Could you please clarify? 0.5.1 doesn't work for you? How exactly (doesn't start, doesn't convert, etc.)?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-27

Sure, 0.3 is able to convert avi without any errors. Version 0.5 stops at the beginning with "Failed to determine packet's timestamp. Pts:[0], dts:[0]"

• Alexey

Alexey - 2014-03-27

Version 0.3 process the whole file, so it's a little simpler. v0.4 introduced the ability to select a conversion time span. In order to do this, the app must know the timestamp of each frame (so it would know when to stop).

In the post above (http://sourceforge.net/p/openavitogif/discussion/general/thread/ed2231d8/#f2a4) Dan described the same problem; the same solution should work for you.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-27

I understand your idea but for me it is not acceptable, so will stay with 0.3.
            I like one tool for one job approach so any other way which requires another software is just a waste of time. Going from 0.3 to 0.5 I lost functionality of your software. Anyway good luck, maybe in any future version you solve this problem.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-04-02

Others have mentioned missing .dll files and I have the same problem when I install. I get a missing "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll". Someone said to download a file at the bottom of the 'files' tab, so I downloaded all files from the files tab, but still missing the "D3DCOMPILER_43.DLL"

Can you please tell me where to find all the .dll files I need to install the program?

Thanks!

• Alexey

Alexey - 2014-04-02

The DLL_qt_mingw_ffmpeg_opencv_libgif.7z is only for versions up to 0.3.

I assume that you use v0.5.1. One of the tools that this version relies upon depends on DirectX. So just install latest DirectX and it should work. You can get it here, for example.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel