OpenAMF 1.0RC12 is now available at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openamf/
A new release is available
A new release is available
In prior releases, the JavaServiceInvoker always
added Java objects into the servlet session.
Starting with OpenAMF 1.0RC8, Java objects will
be added to the servlet session if and only if the
object implements java.io.Serializable
Improved exception code in org.openamf.invoker.RankedMethod
Improved exception handling in org.openamf.DefaultGateway
Improved logic in org.openamf.invoker.SessionControlInvoker... read more
OpenAMF 1.0RC7 is now available for download
OpenAMF 1.0RC6 is now available for download
I just released 1.0RC5.
- cleanup of ASTranslator integration
- memory leak fix
- fix for char data type
I hope this is the last RC before 1.0. Currently the plan is to release 1.0
sometime next week.
- improved logging
- improved exception handling
- up-to-date versions of dependencies
- lots of other small fixes and some code clean up
In order to improve logging 2 new loggers were created org.openamf.REQUEST and
org.openamf.RESPONSE. These are both "virtual" loggers and don't represent a
particular class, but instead log the parsed AMF requests and responses. They
can both be watched at the DEBUG and INFO levels.
The main changes since RC1 are:
1) support for JDK 1.3, OpenAMF now depends on Apache's commons-lang jar
2) javadocs are now in the distribution
3) License changed to LGPL
3) Fixed bug with null Array values
Thanks to everyone that helped out with this release. I think were getting
very close to 1.0 final.
Let me know if you have any problems.
Flash sends 2 different datatypes for Arrays, 10 when the indexes are
numbers, and 8 when the indexes are Strings.
To get type 8 to work correctly I just had to read the length and then read
the rest of the data like a normal object.
With this new feature you can map a custom class to
a java class in then openamf-config.xml file. This way when
you use Object.registerClass use can use a simple name
such as Person and then have it translated to a specific java
class such as org.openamf.test.Person.... read more
1) Full Web Service support
2) Initial integration with ASTranslator
3) Completely Plugable Service Invokers
4) Result Filters
5) bug fixes
For more information please take a look at the README file in the distribution.
The OpenAMF team
The OpenAMF project is happy to announce the release of 0.2.0.
OpenAMF - Java Flash Remoting is a free open-source alternative to
MM's Java Flash Remoting. The end result will be more capable of
providing application services to SWF clients than the proprietary
This release includes a lot of new features:
- RecordSet support for every database with a JDBC driver
- EJB Stateless Session Bean support
- JMX Service support
- Web Service support for simple data types
- Pluggable Service Invoker framework
- AdvancedGateway that can be configured with an xml config file
- A few more example flash clients
- Logging with Apache's commons logger
- All errors are now sent back in a NetDebugger compliant format so
you can see everything right from the Flash authoring environment
- A new OpenAMF powered website
- and lots of other fixes and improvements... read more