Michael Groß - 2002-07-25

I can't build the new kernel on my BeOS R5.03.
First i downloaded and unzipped:
- cvs
- jam
- ssh
and copied the files to  /boot/home/config/bin.
Then i got gcc from bebits.com, copied the zip-file (gnupro20010413) to /boot/develop/tools, unzipped it and made a softlink to ./gnupro (how described in the readme, wich comes with gcc aka gnupro). At last i got ld (from openbeos.info), unzipped it an replaced the original ld in gnupro with that new ld.
I used the file "my first OpenBeOS build" (by David Reinhold, 23.06.2002) as a Guide for what to do. (But, bevor jam i did ./configure)
The last Lines after jam are:
...failed Cc objects/x86.R5/os/kits/kernel/libc/stdio/rewind.o ...
...skipped libm.a for lack of <sources!os!kits!kernel!libm!arch!x86>frexp.o...
...skipped kernel.x86 for lack of config.x86.ini...
...skipped floppy.x86 for lack of kernel.x86...
...failed updating 340 target(s)...
...skipped 57 target(s)...
...updated 98 target(s)... 
---end of output ---
Bevor that, there are many lines like this:
--- snipped ---
...failed Cc objects/x86.R5/os/kits/kernel/libc/stdio/fseek.o ...
----snapped ---
What is my mistake? Do i need some additional libraries? Or is building the kernel at this time impossible?
-- Building the kernel under Linux  failed also - i wrote already a messeage to Andrew McCall last week.--
---------------------------------
My first contact with BeOS was in 2000 (it was on a CD in a "pc intern 6+7 2000", a german pc-jounrnal, released 2000) - but on my P90 - box it crashes all the time. As R5.00 and as R5.03. Now i have another box with a intel815-Board. As i was seeking for BeOs over internet a few weeks ago i found openbeos.org. Now i tried to Run the same R5 from the the same CD - no crashes! But only s/w@640x480@60Hz...
Today i bought a new graphic card (only for BeOs!! - EUR 56,- for a RIVA TNT2) to run BeOS. I write this in netpositive...
By the way, i am a consultant for software-quality - management, i can help you to test applications.
Michael Gross
mgmechanics@yahoo.de