News Update?

• Philipp Resl

Philipp Resl - 2004-01-23

I'm surfing the OBOS Website every day and I'm sad about the lack of news updates. What's the status of the different kits? What about the new name which was chosen in Jun 2003. What happened to the new website which is already finished? Are you guys alright??

• Erik Almqvist

Erik Almqvist - 2004-01-27

Actually I think the new name was chosen summer 2002!

Anyone still remember the candidates?

• Czeslaw Czapla

Czeslaw Czapla - 2004-01-27

What we are witnessing is, at base, the glacial pace of the bureaucracy of the State of New York. As soon as the State of New York gives it approval of non-profit status to OpenBeOS the new name will be announced, the new website will be rolled out, etc. In the meantime, the old website is not being updated perhaps as frequently as it should be. Don't imagine that this means that progress on the project has stopped. Actually progress continues apace; in fact, the pace seems to be quickening. A better source of news these days is the OpenBeOS general mailing list, in conjunction with the OpenBeOS CVS mailing list. You may sign up for these from within the OpenBeOS website.

We all need to contribute as we are able, and then simply be patient, I'd say.

Czeslaw Czapla

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks