From: Filip Volejnik <f.volejnik@ce...> - 2006-06-21 21:29:00
It has been quite some time till the last posting to this group, so I
thought it would not be a bad idea to pop a message into this list, to
see if any of you guys are still reading this and willing to continue on
As you probably realized, I started to work on the project again, after
a delay throughout which I had too little time to continue.
I tried to reinitialize the CVS with the new code I written, which uses
the Ogre3D as the engine, and is able to display the levels. The past
week or two I was writing a mesh converter, which should enable the
system to load the objects now - I tested it and about 98 percent of the
tested meshes were converted successfully. This one is now in CVS too.
No AI mesh conversion is made at the moment, because further
investigation of the formats used is needed. The main problem is that
Dark Engine uses a common set of movement database for every skeleton,
and the ogre uses a different approach, defining a set of movements for
every skeleton individually. The object meshes are loaded nicely in a
small application I wrote for this purpose, but they lack a skeleton
definition too, as there may be a problem with storing the information
about which joint uses which kind of movement - rotational or
Now came a time to think about the later directions, and my thought was
that maybe some kind of design document (or a plan) would be useful, to
ensure that the project does not get dirty.
Please let me know if you're still listening and willing to contribute,
in any way.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.