From: Filip Volejnik <f.volejnik@ce...> - 2006-01-09 09:20:42
I have commited the object loader (it is horrible, I know, but works). And some other small fixes. (Mainly new LightmMapAtlas functionality releted).
I have an idea of the skybox issue solving, but this needs some investigation.
If there is a possibility to read screen coords of poly whilst rendering, we could fix the sky using irrlicht. I asked a question about this issue on Ogre forums, and it shows up that even ogre doesn't do this directly.
The method is described in tasks.
So the transfer to another engine is not needed if we could solve these issues:
* addOctreeTriangleSelector takes tooo long. (Tree caching on disk? Detecting the bottleneck? - on irrlicht forums, someone told me that scaling level down fixed this for him - not for me)
* Ragdoll isn't present in irrlicht - this is a me-wantee feature (maybe we could write our own or the use cal3d would solve)
* Quaternion based skeletal animation should be possible, but motion interpolation when switching movements seems to be not doable. (cal3d?)
* The sky faces - shoud be fixable.
* The rendering speed is dropping under a sensible limit in some cases (optimisation?! - ok
I should buy a better computer maybe)
There may be other issues that need to be solved, but I can't recall these now.