Compiling on OS/2 - Error in Rexx.h

Help
2005-06-05
2012-08-14
  • Eric Erickson

Eric Erickson - 2005-06-05

I'm starting an OS/2 build of the ooRexx V3.0.0 and I'm getting an error when attempting to build the RexxApiManager.c module. The error is on the following line.

rexx.h(420:26) : error EDC0275: Unexpected text '*' encountered.

typedef APIRET (APIENTRY *PFNREXXSTART)(LONG, PRXSTRING, PSZ, PRXSTRING, PSZ, LONG, PRXSYSEXIT, PSHORT, PRXSTRING);

In looking at the corresponding header (rexxsaa.h) that comes with OS/2 this line is not present. I understand that it is trying to define a typedef to a function pointer for PFNREXXSTART, but wondering what is purpose of this typedef. Do I need this for an OS/2 port? I've written a few programs that invoke Rexx functions over the years and never had to use a function pointer reference to invoke the Rexx functions.

TIA

• Rick McGuire

Rick McGuire - 2005-06-05

Questions about development issues would be better asked in the dev forum rather than help.

I don't believe that definition is required, but I'd have to guess that it's indicative of some other problem and is merely the first error to show up. If I'd have to guess, the problem might be with the definition of APIENTRY.

• Eric Erickson

Eric Erickson - 2005-06-06

Where is the dev forum. The only two I see are the Help and Open Discussion.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks