Regarding my original problem where oorexx V4.2 was using an old copy of ooDialog.cls that was found in:
C:\Users\PaulsNew\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ooRexx
I did some more research on this and discovered that since Vista there has been a feature called User Account Control Data Redirection or UAC Virtualization You can read about here:
This feature can really fool you into thinking you are reading from one directory like c:\Program Files (x86)\ooRexx when its actually reading from the VirtualStore directory with the same name. It sort of indicates that at some time in the past oorexx was installed without the correct manifest and I guess once the \VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ooRexx directory is created it will always read and write from it even when you install a new version of oorexx.
Can really cause some weird problems. It explains a problem I found on another program.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.