Object REXX for Windows - 2.1.3 Last GA Versn

SFOWJS
2005-04-06
2012-08-14
  • SFOWJS

SFOWJS - 2005-04-06

Yes, Object REXX for Windows, version 2.1.3, the last GA version of Object REXX Development Edition, did in fact include the "Object REXX Workbench". In fact it was the first thing I looked for after installing OOREXX 3.0. Was it a conscious decision during the negotiations with IBM to divest the OREXX Workbench for Windows from the 3.0 port to Open status? The Workbench is extremly utilitarian and offers some outstanding ease of use function. Any help identifying what happened to it along with intentions to reinstate it will be appreciated. It is for that very reason that I will continue to use the licensed product until such time as the Workbench can be reinstated in the open environment.

• Rick McGuire

Rick McGuire - 2005-04-06

The workbench portion of Object Rexx did not pass IBM's legal review process for release as Open Source code, so it could not be included in the Open Source release. The option available for doing this would be to have somebody write a replacement from scratch.

• - 2005-04-09

Seems like an eclipse plugin would be the way to go. It'd be nice an ironic, too, since eclipse is open source from IBM as well.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yes, I'd like to see an Eclipse plugin!

Keith Latham

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks