#446 ./configure producing invalid xsl.sh

3.2.0
closed
None
5
2012-08-14
2007-10-16
No

Trying to build from clean current sources I encountered that the configure script produced by bootstrap creates a wrong xsl.h

System: Debian lenny/sid

Here is the original:

!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/xalan -OUT $1 -IN $2 -XSL $3

Here the corrected version:

!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/xalan -out $1 -in $2 -xsl $3

Discussion

  • Mark Miesfeld

    Mark Miesfeld - 2007-10-17

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=191588
    Originator: NO

    Moritz,

    Well, I'm not that knowledgable on Debian. What version is lenny/sid? Also, can you give me the version of xalan you are using and, hopefully, where to get it / how to install it? Thanks.

    The parameters set into xsl.sh are determined by a test in configure.ac. That test is not correct for all systems, apparently. <grin>

    You do know that you do not need xalan to build from clean sources. Before you run ./configure, just execute ./touchheaders.sh That actually is the recommended way. You only really need xalan if you have some special need to change the message files.

     
  • Moritz Hoffmann

    Moritz Hoffmann - 2007-10-17

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1267170
    Originator: YES

    Hi,
    Debian lenny/sid refers to the current testing release, which is slightly ahead of the current stable (just because 4.0 was released not too long ago). The version I'm using is installed from the standard Debian archives, and it has version number 1.10-3.1.

    I found out that the wrong options come from configure.ac line 353.

    moritz@TP42:~ % xalan -v
    Xalan version 1.10.0
    Xerces version 2.7.0

    I actually need xalan for another project, that's why the ./touchheaders.sh choice doesn't work. I just wonder why I never encountered before...
    I tracked down the involved parts in xalan. Have a look at the following URL that introduces the change from case insensitive parameters to case sensitive parameters.
    http://www.apache.jp/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xalan-cvs/c/src/xalanc/TestXSLT/process.cpp.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18

     
  • Mark Miesfeld

    Mark Miesfeld - 2007-10-17

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=191588
    Originator: NO

    Moritz,

    Thanks for tracking down the change in xalan. Since the parameters were case insensitive before the change, xalan -out $1 -in $2 -xsl $3 should work for all versions.

     
  • Mark Miesfeld

    Mark Miesfeld - 2007-10-17

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=191588
    Originator: NO

    Committed revision 995.

    Changed the Xalan macro in configure.ac to use -out $1 -in $2 -xsl $3 when xalan is discovered. Since older versions of xalan used case insensitive argument flags, the lower case version should work on all xalans.

    Thanks again Moritz.

     


Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments





Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks