I am an omniEvents newbie running on Windows 2000. I have successfully built the omniEvents project using MS DevStudio 6, SP5. I successfully started the supporting omniNames service using the following command line:
Tue Mar 18 11:02:33 2003:
Starting omniNames for the first time.
Wrote initial log file.
Read log file successfully.
Root context is IOR:010000002b00000049444c3a6f6d672e6f72672f436f734e616d696e672f4e616d696e67436f6e746578744578743a312e3
Checkpointing Phase 1: Prepare.
Checkpointing Phase 2: Commit.
When I attempt to start the omniEvents service, it reports "Caught a system exception while resolving the naming service."
My command line launching of omniEvents is:
omniEvents.exe -s 7766
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance...
My initial guess would be, that you have not told omniEvents,
where to find a NameService to register itself in. That is usually
done as part of the installation of omniORB by editing the
omniORB configuration file on unix systems and by editing
the registration database on windows. This is described
in the README files in the omniORB root dir.
Thanks for the tip, as after some trial-and-error, a colleague of mine was able to get it working. Here's how he did it:
1. Create a omniORB.cfg file with this entry
I put mine under "omni/cfg/omniORB.cfg"
2. Run omniNames using
omniNames -start 8989
(I used the port 8989; you can choose any other port)
3. Set an env variable called OMNIORB_CONFIG which points to your omniORB.cfg file (full path including the file name)
4. Start up omniEvents using
omniEvents -s 7878
where 7878 is the port used by omniEvents
5. Run eventc using
eventc -nEventChannel -kEventChannel -N EventChannelFactory
6. Run pushsupp.exe using
pushsupp -nEventChannel -kEventChannel
You will see a lot of lines...
7. Run pushcons.exe using
pushcons -nEventChannel -kEventChannel
this will now keep pace with pushsupp as far as the line count goes!
Log in to post a comment.