HP Pavilion ZU1175 (1155 too)

2003-03-12
2003-03-13
  • Daniel Zahn

Daniel Zahn - 2003-03-12

I don't see this system on the supported list. AFAICT this laptop is identical hardware wise to the Omnibook 500 models.

1175 and 1155 only defer in terms of the modules for the base station that comes with it.

The module reports as such when loaded:
    HP tecnology code FA detected  (typo in source?)
    AC adapter status monitoring is enabled
    Battery status monitoring is unsupported on this machine  (APM in kernel?)
    There is a console blanking solution already registerd  (APM in kernel)
    External display status monitoring enabled.
    Fan status monitor and control is enabled
    Fan policy is unsupported on this machine
    LCD brightness handling is unsupported on this machine
    OneTouch buttons are enabled
    Tempature monitoring is enabled.
    Touchpad handling is unsupported on this machine (it's got pointing stick...)

cat /proc/omnibook/dmi   gives:
    BIOS Vendor: Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
    BIOS Version: FA.M2.60
    BIOS Release: 11/30/1999
    System Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    Product Name: HP Pavilion Notebook PC
    Version: HP Pavilion ZU1000 FA
    Serial Number: TW14XXXXXX
    Board Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    Board Name: HP Pavilion Notebook PC
    Board Version: 1000FA

• Daniel Zahn

Daniel Zahn - 2003-03-12

Didn't know this module existed till very recently.
      I've begun using this module because for a little while now the fan has stopped coming on at all. This lets the system get really hot.

Using the tempature monitoring and the fan control from the module I'm thinking of writing a daemon or some kind of program to handle a custom fan policy. Anyone else have interest in this program?

• Soós, Péter

Soós, Péter - 2003-03-13

Yes it would be good. I'm thinking about to implemet it at kernel level. Some kind of supported laptops have configurable hardware level fan policy witc is supported via /proc/omnibook/fan_policy. It is possible to emulate it at software level for other machines for consistent handling of machines.  What do you think?

• Daniel Zahn

Daniel Zahn - 2003-03-13

At kernel level would mean inside of the omnibook module then, correct?

Yes, a consistent interface would be a good idea. So if the module reports no fan_policy on chip, it offers emulated fan policy.

• Daniel Zahn

Daniel Zahn - 2003-03-12

Didn't know this module existed till very recently.
      I've begun using this module because for a little while now the fan has stopped coming on at all. This lets the system get really hot.

Using the tempature monitoring and the fan control from the module I'm thinking of writing a daemon or some kind of program to handle a custom fan policy. Anyone else have interest in this program?

• Soós, Péter

Soós, Péter - 2003-03-13

Tkank you for the report. I'll add your machine to the support list. Could you send me details of the tests (e.g. output of the files under /proc/omnibook, scancodes of extra buttons etc.). I would be glag if you send me the DSDT of you machine as described in the README.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks