Menu

noticed a minor problem in the TestDemo exmpl

Anonymous
2010-06-04
2013-05-23
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-06-04

In MainOgre.cpp, for Ogre 1.7, they changed the getAvailableRenderersMethod.  Previously it returned a ptr to a list, now it just returns a const list.  Here is the correction to the example (which I got from the zip download - perhaps this is already fixed in the tree) :

// Setup RenderSystem
    Ogre::RenderSystem *currentRenderSystem;
    const Ogre::RenderSystemList rl = Ogre::Root::getSingleton().getAvailableRenderers();
    std::string str;
    for (Ogre::RenderSystemList::const_iterator it = rl.begin(); it != rl.end(); ++it) {
    currentRenderSystem = (*it);
    str = currentRenderSystem->getName().c_str();
    //if (str.find("D3D9") != std::string::npos) break; //Change GL to D3D9 for DX9
    }

minor problem, but I figured I'd post the change.

• Stickymango

Stickymango - 2010-06-09

Yeah, thanks for that, the test demo is quite old and hasn't been updated for the latest OGRE version, its more of a code preview rather then a fully working demo app.

Thanks.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-06-10

Yep, figured that out and just integrated it into my app rather than mess with it.  It also needed code to load the plugin as well.  I have it working pretty well, thanks for releasing the code.  One thing I was not clear when I got started was how to set up the attenuation - a short note somewhere on the falloff parameters would be good I think.