.net CF wrapper(Question)

Help
Panda
2005-02-08
2013-04-17
  • Panda

Panda - 2005-02-08

Hi HM,

I am a bit confused with the header files you used. Comparing with hybrid's sdk you have two more GLES headers, and the binary size(dll) is 5 times large than theirs. Can you kindly expain why pls

Jesse

• Hans-Martin Will

I am not clear what your question is about...

The header files are based on the original files distibutd by Khronos (compare them to the Intel libs if you want, they have the same structure).

At the same time, it really does not matter as long as
      #include <GLES/gl.h>
      and
      #include <GLES/egl.h>
      work.

Concerning the size. Can be improved, known issues (enhancement proposals) are logged in the bug database.

- HM

• Panda

Panda - 2005-02-08

Thanks for your quick reply. My question is that I found two more header files (glext.h and egltypes.h) Only gl.h and egl.h are standard headers file, do they?

Also there are two functions look different then the OpenGL ES 1.1's specification, well, from my viewport, they are.

GLAPI void APIENTRY glGetClipPlanef(GLenum pname, GLfloat eqn[4]);
      GLAPI void APIENTRY glGetClipPlanex(GLenum pname, GLfixed eqn[4]);

From the description on Khronos,
      http://www.khronos.org/opengles/documentation/opengles1_1/gl_egl_ref_1_1_20041110/glGetClipPlane.html

C Specification
      void glGetClipPlanef(GLenum plane, GLfloat *equation)
      void glGetClipPlanex(GLenum plane, GLfixed *equation)

BTW I saw the msg you posted on Khronos's message board about .NET wrapper. Actaully, that's what I am doing. I have half done this, can say, it wont take too long to finish it :)

JESSE

• Hans-Martin Will

The original files from Khronos had egltypes.h (platform specific defines) factored out. By convention glext.h is the place for extensions beyond the standard. As said, Intel distributes the headers using the same structure, and it's in accordance with the standard. There are some changes to the header file structure in 1.1, so right now this is still a 1.0/1.1 hybrid.

From a C language perspective, both declarations should be equivalent. Also, the 1.1 files still get updated on a regular base as the conformance test is being developed (I think the last change was two weeks ago, not sure if it has already been posted to the Khronos web site). Once 1.1 headers and conformance test are locked down, I will take another snapshot. The one in the current distribution is what Khronos had published back in August.

Hope that helps.

- HM

PS: .NET wrapper: sounds good, let me know how this works out.

• Panda

Panda - 2005-02-08

That's great helpful. I am currently trying to wrapper ONLY all the functions in gl.h and egl.h. If everything works fine. I will do others :)

I will also keep posting here to let you know where I am up to on .NET

JESSE

• Hans-Martin Will

Have made any progress on the .net wrappers? Do you think this is something to include into the next (1.0) release of Vincent?

- HM

• Hans-Martin Will

That should be fine. As you can see, the glext.h file contains those extensions and enry points that became "deprecated" with 1.1. So gl.h and egl.h should be fine.

Is your code going to deal correctly with optional extensions?

- HM

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks