Vertical display

Help
2004-07-20
2004-07-21
  • Javier Barandiaran Martirena

Hello, I am starting to use your great library and I have this question:
    It is possible to display the graphics vertically? on a 240X320 window instead of 320X240 as on the test. I can do this by making a rotation before all the model transformations, but this is a inefficient manner. I do not know if your library have this possibility.
    Thanks in advance.

• Hans-Martin Will

IMHO doing the rotation as part of the model transformation (or the projection matrix, that should be easier to track) is probably the most efficient way you'll be able to do this, because you do not add any additional step to the pipeline. The alternative would be a rotated surface, but then the blit to screen would be more expensive.

What is your concern regarding "inefficiency"?

- HM

ok, thank you for your help. I will do the rotation. You have the reason, rotated surface is more expensive than a simple rotation.
      Thanks!! :)

• Hans-Martin Will

BTW, are you working on Windows Mobile 2003 Second Ed? I do not have any experience on those devices yet, so if there are any other issues, please let me know.

- HM

I have an ipaq5550 with Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC premium edition. I have tried this http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/rotatese.htm.
      Doesn't works, ChangeDisplaySettingsEx returns DISP_CHANGE_BADMODE

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks