Depth Buffer

Help
Zeus
2005-08-22
2013-04-17
  • Zeus

Zeus - 2005-08-22

Hi,

Is there any way to increase the default size of the depth buffer using Vincent?

Thanks.

• Hans-Martin Will

James,

unfortunately not without re-doing parts of the math going on. The 16-bit constraint is introduced in Context :: ClipCoordsToWindowCoords, and is assumed and maintain from there downstream all the way to the depth buffer itself. the downstream code should mostly be able to handle, say 24-bit depth (which could make a 24/8 depth/stencil buffer format). If you want, you could see if you get this worked out in non-JIT mode, and I could help to fold this into the JITed version afterwards.

- HM

• Zeus

Zeus - 2005-08-23

Hi,

The reason I ask is because I am trying to render a low-polygon house which is probably about 80x80 in width and length. If I use a near depth value of 1.0 and a far value of 1000.0, I get horrible error occurring (wrong polygons showing, etc.). I can bring this value down to 100, but then the model disappears too quickly when moving around.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
      Grant

• Zeus

Zeus - 2005-08-23

Hi,

I have been looking around and it seems that the EGL_DEPTH_SIZE value can be set in the configuration attributes. This looks as though it can be done in the Hybrid implementation. Can Vincent do this?

Thanks,
      Grant

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks