'test' can't run in Smartphone2003 emulator

Help
Jacky
2004-12-01
2013-04-17
  • Jacky

Jacky - 2004-12-01

Hi all,
    I am the beginer of OpenGL ES. When I run the 'test' program by EVC++4.0 in Smartphone 2003 emulator, the error message in samrtphopne said that "Cannot load texture image. Terminating application". I don't know how to load that "dodge.jpg" file in it and I have no real device.
    So, I load other samples in the emulator. However, when I execute the program, EVC show me a error dialogue box "Cannot execute program" Is it the problem of the samples or my emulator? I have already set all links and directories. Thanks for help.

P.S.: I can run all program in Pocket PC 2003 emulator.

Thanks,
    Jacky

• Hans-Martin Will

In eVC in the "tools" menu you can find a remote file viewer, which allows you to import and export files from and to a device.

Hope that helps,
      HM

• Jacky

Jacky - 2004-12-02

Thanks!
      I've got it.
      But it still can't work. I have put the "dodge.jpg" in the same folder with the bin file and run it. It still can't load the file. Besides, the other samples file also can't open, the emulator seems hang on.

• Hans-Martin Will

I think the image goes into the root folder of the phone...

For the other samples, I am not even sure how to make them run on a Smartphone. The problem is that they all use keyboard input, and no keyboard equivalent exists on a Smartphone. That's also the reason why ug is explicitly for PocketPC only.

You could try replacing the SIP by something else, but I have no idea what a good replacement might be.

- HM

• Jacky

Jacky - 2004-12-02

Thank you very much first.
      At lease I can run all samples in Pocket PC.

In fact, I am doing a project about 3D game in smartphone using OpenGL ES. I want some samples which can run in smartphone emulator. Any suggestion? I am really a novice :(
      By the way, what is SIP?

Thanks,
      Jacky

• Hans-Martin Will

I am referring to the virtual keyboard that's available on PocketPC but not on Smartphone.

- HM

• iwanj

iwanj - 2005-02-01

Just downloaded eVC++4.0+SP3 and play with Vincent. I got no problem running test application (the bouncing car) on smartphone2003 emulator.

As pointed out by HM, you need to put dodge.jpg in the root folder of the phone (Smartphone 2003 Emulator folder).

Iwanj

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks