I would like to give some more details for the upcoming version 0.8a,b and c of the Ogg Video Tools.
- rewritten version of OggCat
* The audio stream can now be concatenated without any loss of precision
* The concatenation will always reencode the audio stream
* Video streams don't need to have the same parameters
In such a case, the video stream of a subsequent file is transcoded.
- rewritten version of OggSlideshow
OggSlideshow is actually a bit limited. The upcoming version will be able to
* Define the Ken-Burns effect in detail (starting point, starting zoom factor, endpoint etc).
* Specify a change-over effect for every changeover
* Specify a presentation length of every individual picture
- rewrite of oggCut
* make precise cuts even on non-keyframe positions
* cut audio precisly
The first changes for version 0.8a are checked in. So feel free to test. However, there are still a lot of things to do :-)