Menu

Allowing for IR in OFFL (Injured REserve)

Billy
2006-07-14
2013-04-16
  • Billy

Billy - 2006-07-14

If interested I have made some changes to OFFL which will allow for an IR in OFFL. The IR is basically extra Bench players that are not eligable to start for the duration of the IR period (all configurable). I added these controls CONFIG_MAX_TOTAL_INJ and CONFIG_ING_TIME (1-17 weeks).

Only and admin can place a player on IR at this time.

If interested I can contribute the code.

Billy

P.S. I'm in managment so you might want to look it over first :)

• Carey Head

Carey Head - 2006-07-14

I run OFFL as a keeper league, so this would be fantastic for us.  Could you forward the code?

Thanks in advance!

• Brad Schwie

Brad Schwie - 2006-07-14

Billy,

If you can summarize your code changes to enable this feature and post it here, I will work it in to the main code branch (and review it for accuracy).

Thanks for contributing!

Brad

• Billy

Billy - 2006-07-14

Sure,

Database:
        Created table ir_trans with the following columns

trans_id(int, autoinc), player_id(int), date_on_ir(date), comments(text), date_off_ir(date), old_pos(int), active(int)

I added a row to the possitions table:
      position_id=9, abbrv=INJ , name=Injured

I also added 2 controls:
      CONTROL_MAX_INJ= Number of IR slots per team
      CONFIG_INJ_TIME = number of weeks a player must remain on IR

PHP Code:
      Modified players.php to add a button "Manage Players on IR"

Created player_ir.php
      <Add and remove players from IR>

Created cron job to manage IR duration
      processIR.php

If you like I can submit my changes into CVS or just FTP the files up.

Billy

• Brad Schwie

Brad Schwie - 2006-07-20

Billy,

Quick question about your IR code...  When a player has been on the IR for a set amount of time and the cron job then takes that player back off the IR with the "processIR.php" script, what happens to the FFL team's roster with this script?  Does the FFL team's roster just show that there are too many players on it and then its up to the owner to correct the roster size before gameday or does your processIR.php script actually pluck someone off the roster to make it the correct size?  I'm just wondering how this works out, administratively, in the day to day operations of the league...

Brad

• Billy

Billy - 2006-08-07

Brad,

The way the code works is that the commish is the only person who can place a player on IR. Once that is done that player is dropped from the active roster and placed on the bench. When the cron job kicks off and makes him active again, the OFFL user must balance his roster before he/she can submit a roster change. So if your league only allows two TEs and one is put on IR. It is assumed that the team will then go pick up a free agent to fill the active spot. When the TE comes off of IR the 2 TE limit is violated forcing the owner to release or trade a TE.

Billy

I am part of the way through developing the salary cap modifications as well. I have written the code that pulls anual stats for a given player and using it to calculate a players "desired salary". I have also modified the players.php file to display and sort the salary. The current group of guys I'm working OFFLing with have some pretty specific rule requirements. I will try to write the code so it is configuable and to where the features can be enabled/disabled in the league config.

If you would like access to the code I plan on setting up a CVS repository on my server. Send me an email if interested.

bfelton@megapod.us

• fkb_dave

fkb_dave - 2006-07-17

Please do.  I'd like to propose it to my league.  GREAT IDEA!

• twardenb

twardenb - 2006-08-02

Thanks for this!

I would love to see it uploaded. I at least am pretty raw on sql and could figure this out after a while but any time savings would be great at this time.