Menu

roster update and draft

fkb_dave
2006-08-17
2013-04-16
  • fkb_dave

fkb_dave - 2006-08-17

I updated the nfl rosters while my draft was taking place.  All the players stayed with their offl teams but when you went to draft all players, regardless of if they were already on a team,  were available for selection?  I needed to update to get the rookies included in the draft.  Any ideas?

• Brad Schwie

Brad Schwie - 2006-08-17

Dave,

Before you updated, things were working fine?  Meaning, players that were drafted were off the available board, but after you updated, players that had already been selected earlier in the draft were now showing up again in the main pool.  Correct?

Can anyone test this in a development system?  I only have my production system up and running at the moment.  I'll have my development system up and running soon, as I want to test out some patches!

Somehow I believe the "players.php" file is behind this, but I haven't looked at that code in awhile to be sure.  We made a few changes to this file during the 0.2.3 upgrade, so maybe something went awry then?

Brad

• fkb_dave

fkb_dave - 2006-08-20

That's correct.  Draft was running perfectly, then I updated the nfl roster and all players, rather on a roster or not, were in the pool.  The weird thing was that if a player was selected who was drafted in a prior round, the draft defaulted back to that owner and round that the player was origionally selected.  That's how I spotted it so quickly.
      I'll try to reproduce it on my development system but I'm a network engineer and hack code, there is no way I'll be able to find a quick fix.

• wdh

wdh - 2006-08-21

I am having a similar issue. In preparation for my draft, I downloaded the NFL roster. The update did not add all new players (e.g., Vince Young was not added), and it updated all of my existing players such that the nfl_team_id = 0 and active = 0. I did a restore from a backup of the db, but now I'm stuck without the new players.

I am using version 0.2.3, and do have a test server. I did a fresh install of 0.2.3 on my test server and ran the NFL player update. I found it only added 426 records, and hence missed a lot of players. For example, there were no players with a last name starting with "A" added. Furthermore, it updated the nfl_player_profile incorrectly (example the profile for Edgerrin James was set to "http://www.nfl.comt133320").

Is this the same problem others are seeing? Is it erroring out on one of the players before finishing, but not reporting it? I'm stuck- any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!

• Brad Schwie

Brad Schwie - 2006-08-28

Will,

I ran the "Player Update" feature a couple minutes ago on my OFFL installation (running 0.2.3 with some mods for this season) and it pulled in Vince Young and all the rest of the rookies without a problem.  It also dropped people like Koren Robinson, so everything seems to be working fine.

I'm working on getting a development system up and running.  I'll report back if I see any problems with it.

My advice for now: trying running the "Player Update" feature again and see what happens.  The NFL may have been tweaking the status of players on their site when you ran the update last time, but this would have been an awful coincidence...

Brad

• fkb_dave

fkb_dave - 2006-08-22

NFL.COM changed the roster pages and added a  column for player birthdates(like we care)before the exp column, some time between 7/30 and 8/18 I had to rewrite my ripping routines and DB importers for my site (seperate from OFFL site).  However Vince Young and all the rookies imported into my DB fine when I ran it 2 weeks ago on my OFFL site.