Menu

Exceptions or stall on any restore

Help
Masejoer
2011-11-21
2013-07-30
  • Masejoer

Masejoer - 2011-11-21

I am trying to restore backups from full-disk 80GB drives and 250GB drives, both of which don't seem to work right. I have also tried this by using Hiren's Boot CD but it shows the same problem. I have also tried to restore a single NTFS partition without luck.

The last thing I tried: Choose restore, chose image stored on local drive (from MBR, includes two partitions), selected entire disk for the recovery (500GB) and I get partitions created, drives popping up as available under Windows , and then:

Exception of type Windows Exception thrown, cause: Failed to open partition or volume \Device\Harddisk1\Partition2. Object Name not found.

I click OK and the operation is canceled. If I try again, I get access denied (Exception of type Windows Exception thrown). Sooo, I make the drive offline and online again to free it up for use. Try again and same "failed to open" exception.

Now I run Partition Guru to delete all partitions. Run ODIN, select files and drive, again get the "failed to open" exception after drives are created. Run a second time and I get bytes total: 9.035MB, 0 bytes processed, 0b/s speed, time elapsed goes up but there is no disk activity. It will continue on like this forever.

I seem to either get exceptions or the thing thinks it's going, but it's just stalled indefinitely. Any ideas?

• John Peterson

John Peterson - 2013-07-30

Problem

odinc -restore return "Object Name not found."

in this command in the host

odinc -backup -force -makeSnapshot -source=0 -target=f:\backup\image\c.img

this command in the guest

odinc -restore -force -source=\\pc\f\backup\image\c.mbr -target=4

Exception of type Windows Exception thrown, cause: Failed to open partition or volume \Device\Harddisk1\Partition1. Object Name not found.

the same command again doesn't print an error

odinc -restore -force -source=\\pc\f\backup\image\c.mbr -target=4
    Processing now partition 1 of 2

Processing now partition 2 of 2

Test

The program is tested in

• host: Windows 7 x64
    • guest: VMware Workstation 9.0.2 build-1031769 Windows 7 x64

Version

filever odin.exe
    --a-- W32    DLL ENU       0.3.4.308 shp  1,033,728 10-09-2011 odin.exe

Last edit: John Peterson 2013-07-30