Menu

[ODBTPERR][0] Unable to load Interface file

Help
2009-11-20
2013-04-22
  • Stephen Kierzewski

Hello,
    I am trying to use ODBTP with Moodle to connect to MS SQL 2005 running on a Win 2008 server. I have setup ODBTP following the instructions here:
    http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_MSSQL_for_PHP#Using_ODBTP_on_Unix_or_Windows

However, when I attempt to connect to the SQL DB, I get the following error:
    Unable to load interface file in

By running Wireshark I can tell that ODBTP is not even attempting to connect to the DB. I have tried every combination I can think of to tell ODBTP where the interface.file (odbtp.conf) is located to no avail.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong here?

My setup:
    Client machine - Windows XP
    PHP - 5.2.8
    in php\ext I have
    php_odbtp_mssql.dll
    version compiled for 5.2.6
    in php.ini

odbtp.interface_file = "c:\temp\server\php\odbtp.conf"
    odbtp.datetime_format = mdyhmsf
    odbtp.detach_default_queries = yes

my odbtp.conf file contains:

odbtp host = 192.168.1.5
    type = mssql
    unicode sql = yes
    use row cache = yes
    right trim text = yes
    var data size = 2097152

When I run PHP version() It reports that odbtp 1.1.5 is loaded and lists all variables as specified in php.ini

• Robert Twitty

Robert Twitty - 2009-11-20

This error will only occur if the ODBTP client app is unable to read or find c:\temp\server\php\odbtp.conf.   Is this file located on the same machine that runs the PHP script?  Since the connect info is in the interface file, a connection cannot be attempted until after the file is loaded.

Did you create a test script that connects to the DB without the use of an interface file?  This will verify whether or not you are able to connect to the DB.

• bob