the 0.2.0 release is available for more than a week, several fixes are
already done for a 0.2.1 release and I am thinking about the 0.3.0
My personal wishlist for the OcempGUI 0.3.x branch is:
* Additional (optional) text rendering facilities using the cairo API
* Full cascading styles for widgets, so that they make use of their
parent style(s) first before they fall back to the widget class
and generic defaults.
* ATK support for the different widget classes using
the ocempgui.access.papi ATK wrapper module.
* User configuration support using stored configurations in the user's
home directory (to allow e.g. user defined themes, etc.).
* Keyboard configuration support to allow adjustments for the user's
* More default themes (at least one high contrast theme for
* Multiline text edit widget.
* Selection support for text editing widgets.
* Maybe bidirectional support for widgets using left-to-right mirroring
(this does not include bidirectional input in text editing widgets).
* Maybe alpha transparency support for all surfaces.
* Maybe drag and drop support for pygame/python objects within the
pygame window (DnD interoperability with different applications
requires a better clipboard support of pygame).
I hope that I can keep my promises this time (not like those for 0.2.0,
e.g. API compatibility or alpha transparency ;-).
 This can become a problem when it comes to the memory footprint as
alpha transparency enabled surfaces require (in some cases much)
Your feedback and wishes are welcome.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.