OcempGUI 0.2.0-alpha1 has been released.
OcempGUI is a python based toolkit for creating (graphical) user
interfaces using the pygame library. It offers various widgets and base
classes, which make it suitable for a broad range of projects and easily
This is a prerelease package, which does not claim to incorporate full
functionality. Parts of it can be unstable or broken, thus it is not
intended for a production use.
* python (>= 2.3) http://www.python.org
* pygame (>= 1.6) http://www.pygame.org
* ATK (>= 1.11.0) http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/
* pkg-config http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/
Features in 0.2.0-alpha1
* New _papi (python accessible programming interface) module, which
bridges directly to the ATK/AT-SPI accessibility system.
* New FaderSurface class, which can fade in and out surfaces using
* New INotifyable interface class.
* New ButtonBase class for rapid creation of own Button widgets.
* New Diagram and Graph2D classes for drawing diagrams and graphs.
* Real z-axis support using different layers.
* Improved rendering and theme support by a better separation of
styles and drawing code.
* Instant updates. Widgets are redrawn instantly instead of being
bound to a timer.
And many other features. See the NEWS file shipped with the package for
a complete list.
Changes in 0.2.0-alpha1
* Minimum pygame requirement changed to version 1.7.1.
* Installation of additional data now respects the user flags.
* Renamed Accessible class to IAccessible to outline that it is an
* Removed AccessibleContext class because it had no use.
* EventManager class does not use __slots__ anymore.
* Removed RenderLayer class.
* Improved the look of the Scale widgets.
* Style.load() now recognizes variables, which start with '_'.
* The ListItemCollection now inherits from UserList.
* The ListItemCollection constructor now receives optional list
And many other changes. See the NEWS file shipped with the package for a
Known issues in 0.2.0-alpha1
* Drawing updates are processed slowly, if many operations take place.
Due to the instant update approach, timers have no effect.
(Optional) Timer-based updates should be supported in the Renderer.
* Sometimes the ScrollBars appear on the ScrolledList although they are
* Documentation is out of sync.
The package and its signature are available from here:
MD5 sum = b14978137599fdbe012d6c46a4e006e9