I have been looking over the online documentation for the new 0.2 release, and noticed that
1) the Renderer module is not listed in the epydoc frames where it would be expected. I had to reach it
via the TwistedRenderer page..
2) There is no 'draw' method in the Renderer, and the update method returns None. Has the draw method
been removed, and didn't one or the other formerly return a list of dirty rectangles?
My poking around was in search of an answer to this question, so I'll just ask:
What is the most straight-forward way to get a list of rectangles that are actually used by widgets, (ie: non-background)?
On 7/22/06, Marcus von Appen <email@example.com> wrote:
OcempGUI 0.2.0 has been released.
OcempGUI is a python based toolkit for creating (graphical) user
interfaces using the pygame library. It offers various widgets and base
classes, which make it suitable for a broad range of projects and easily
* python (>= 2.3
* pygame (>= 1.7.1) http://www.pygame.org
* ATK (>= 1.11.0)
* pkg-config http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/
Features in 0.2.0
* New papi (python accessible programming interface) module, which
bridges directly to the ATK/AT-SPI accessibility system and allows
any python application and object to be made accessible.
* New FaderSurface class, which can fade in and out surfaces using
* New INotifyable interface class.
* New ButtonBase class for rapid creation of own Button widgets.
* New Diagram and Graph2D classes for drawing diagrams and graphs.
* New ViewPort class, which acts as proxy class to add scrolling
abilities to widgets.
* Real z-axis support using different layers.
* Improved rendering and theme support by a better separation of
styles and drawing code.
* Instant updates. Widgets are redrawn instantly instead of being
bound to a timer.
And many other features. See the NEWS file shipped with the package for
a complete list.
Changes in 0.2.0
* Minimum pygame requirement changed to version 1.7.1.
* Installation of additional data now respects the user flags.
* Filename fixes for case-insensitibe filesystems (affected Mac OS and Win32)
* Renamed Accessible class to IAccessible to outline that it is an
* Renamed Indexable class to IIndexable to outline that it is an
* Removed AccessibleContext class because it had no use.
* EventManager class does not use __slots__ anymore.
* Removed RenderLayer class.
* Improved the look of the Scale widgets.
* Style.load() now recognizes variables, which start with '_'.
* The ListItemCollection now inherits from UserList.
* The ListItemCollection constructor now receives optional list
And many other changes. See the NEWS file shipped with the package for a
Due to heavy changes in various places, this release is not fully
compatible with the 0.1.x series. See the NEWS file of the package and the
manual for details about this.
The package and its signature are available from here:
MD5 sum = 7852f74b2b738052a67477874c09b044
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
ocemp-devel mailing list
Pitcher's Duel -> pitchersduel.python-hosting.com