aperture added to telescope brand & type

2012-10-28
2013-02-13
  • yann pothier

yann pothier - 2012-10-28

Hi,

A very good software indeed that I'm just starting to use for registering my observing files (for 20 years + !).

Juste to know if it could be possible to add the aperture to the telescope used in the control panel in the left column, jsut as is the case with eyepieces ? It would be cool !

Many thanks anyway for your work and clear skies to all,
    Yann.

• Dirk Lehmann

Dirk Lehmann - 2012-11-27

Hi Yann,

thanks for using Observation Manager!
    This is a good point, I'll add it to my list of todos. So maybe already in the next version you could see the aperture (beside the name) in the list.

Also clear skies to you!

Dirk

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thank you very much !

I've just finished entering my 350 observing sessions data and starting to copy/paste my observations !

By the way, is there a mean to add data in the "export->html" document ? (I would love to add the target notes i.e. astrophysical data in the result)/ I guess I will have to manage the xsl file (of which I know nothing), will I ? If yes, is there somewhere a webpage dealing with simple xls operations (such as adding a field) ?

many thanks in advance,
    yann

• Dirk Lehmann

Dirk Lehmann - 2012-11-30

Hi Yann,

yes you're right. You need to adopt the XSL templates. There's a blog I've wrote on how to do that:
    http://observationmanager.wordpress.com/2009/09/19/using-your-own-custom-stylesheet-for-html-export/

I think:
    <xsl:if test="boolean(notes)">
    <tr>
    <td>Target notes:</td>
    <td>
    <xsl:value-of select="notes"/>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </xsl:if>

somewhere under:
    <xsl:template match="target">

should do the job. (I didn't test this, but I think it should work…. ;-) )

Best

Dirk

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks