French Translation

2005-01-13
2013-05-30
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Je travaille sur une traduction franaise mais n'y a t'il pas dj quelqu'un qui pourrait diffuser une traduction ???
    Merci

• Nobody/Anonymous

Post in English stupid!

• Micah Stetson

Micah Stetson - 2005-01-14

That was uncalled for.

Micah

• Micah Stetson

Micah Stetson - 2005-01-14

There was some work done on a French translation about a year ago.  I don't know if it was ever completed.  Here is the last relevant post:

https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2387993

Revjoe is really the one to talk to about this, though.  He's been coordinating the translaton efforts.  We would love to have a complete French translation available.

More of us will be able to understand your messages if you can post in English in the future.

Thanks,

Micah

• Nobody/Anonymous

The same post in English

I actualy work on a French translation but is there nobody that could publish a translation ?

• Micah Stetson

Micah Stetson - 2005-02-09

We've talked about providing the various translations as downloads from the Files section of the site.  But that hasn't been set up yet, and I can't set it up myself.  If you submit your translation to the patch tracker, then it will be accessible by others now, and we'll be able to include it in the downloads area when that is put in place.

MIcah

• Peter Leschev

Peter Leschev - 2005-02-10

Hi!

wouldn't it be easier for the user if we keep all the translations as part of the main distribution? Then they just need to select the appropriate language during the install...

Regards,
          Peter

• Micah Stetson

Micah Stetson - 2005-02-10

That's the best idea, as long as we only have a couple of translations.  As we add more and more locales, though, the archive gets bigger and bigger, and the download time goes up with it.

Larian's German locale files are about 100k zipped.  Five of those, and we've doubled the download size.  What if we support thirty languages?

If adding a locale is as simple as unzipping another file in the same directory, then it shouldn't be a big burden on the user.  Download the main file and one other file for your locale; unzip them both in one directory; run the install.

The problem we've got now is that, as far as I can see, there's no standard place to get translations and no standard instructions for installing them.  That's what I want to fix.

Micah