Just wondering what we can expect in future releases. Not being pushy just wondering.
Well, not speaking on the record, I know people are working on:
* New OPAC interface
o Member Interface for allowing Bookings
o Member Interface for checking account
* New Marc Parser
* Improved MARC Import / Export
* On import -> Records are added to the Cart
* Image Support
* New Search Interface
o Keywords: Title, Subject, Series, Publisher, Item Number
o Media Type
o Audience Level
o Production Date
* Manage Requests (Bookings)
* Biblio View
o Subjects link to search
o Publisher links to search
o Marc View
* Print Catalog
* Biblio Edit
o New simple edit screen
o New Marc Editing Screen.
* Request Cart
* Multiple Sites
o Members only
* School Calendars
* Bulk Delete using list of barcodes
* Admin Interface to Check Database
* New Database Format
o Call number has changed -> now in custom marc field.
o Title, author etc…. has been removed from biblio and put in Marc tables
* Better Internationalization
I am also working on (Not necessarily included in 1.0.0)
* Per field type decorators (adding links after the author's name which link to author's bio in another app)
* TagClouds and Ratings for items
* Admin features to cleanse data (remove trailing /'s from titles etc.)
Looks promising. Thanks for everything.
I'm especially intersted in:
- New OPAC interface
- Member Interface for allowing Bookings
- Member Interface for checking account
- Subjects link to search
- Publisher links to search
And all the modules that help to interface obiblio with internet and to help a user to search into the biblio catalog as with a search engine.
If anyone is working on that I'm glad to collaborate. Write to me at email@example.com
I would like to see book cover image on librarian interface and opac in future versions
This will be in 1.0. That feature is already pretty-much done.
I'm trying to raise money so that I can take enough time off of other work to finish 1.0. If anyone is interested in helping, contact me privately.
I would like to add:
A table where we could enter holiday dates and offset return due dates by a + or - number of days. This would allow this to be created for dates in the future eg: handle Christmas holidays and New years in June.
Ability to override programmed number of loan days to accommodate custom due dates. Usefull when someone needs a book for a slightly longer period.
A Z39.50 server
I would like to import records in UNICODE format
...sorry, obviously, I mean UNIMARC format
Log in to post a comment.