Copy biblio function

2004-10-11
2013-05-30
  • Joe Hagerty

Joe Hagerty - 2004-10-11

Tangenting from this thread: https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2799427 -- would there be any usefulness out there for a function to copy a selected biblio record.

I am thinking that in the the bibio_view screen there would be an additional menu link that would go to the biblio_new_form.php and fill in the information from  the biblio record it was called from.

Problems / comments?

RevJoe

• Fred LaPlante

Fred LaPlante - 2004-10-12

I for one would love to see it added.  In fact have considered doing it for myself, but laziness, etc has always prevailed!

Fred LaPlante

• Micah Stetson

Micah Stetson - 2004-10-12

Peter Leschev wrote code to do this over a year ago, and we still haven't integrated it.  It's in the patch tracker.  It's partly my fault (I am really strapped for time), but I also would like Dave's approval on new features before I check them in.  He is also strapped for time.  The two combined mean that we have useful contributions that are just sitting stagnant in the trackers.  It's a sad thing, and I think it discourages would-be contributers from even trying.

Micah

• Joe Hagerty

Joe Hagerty - 2004-10-14

Looked at it... works fine so far in 0.5.0...  I'll raise it in the next developers meeting to see if it should be added to 0.5.x

Joe

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks