Labels / Timezone settings error

Leonie Kri
  • Leonie Kri

Leonie Kri - 2011-12-07

I'm currently using Openbiblio (Version 0.5.1., german translation) to create a library catalogue for a small non-profit organisation. I wanted to print some labels but I got several warnings:

Warning: date() : It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '1,0/no DST' instead in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\lib\pdf\class.pdf.php on line 689

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\lib\pdf\class.pdf.php:689) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\lib\pdf\class.pdf.php on line 1916 (also on line 1917 and 1919)

I have no idea what I could have done wrong :( help would be very much appreciated!!

• Hans van der Weij

I see several options:

* Edit PHP.INI
    You are probably using PHP 5.3. Find/edit/save PHP.INI to specify date.timezone

* Run your OpenBiblio on an older version of XAMPP or EasyPHP, etc.
    Problem: security issues with older versions of PHP, MySQL. Perhaps not a big issue if your system can not be accessed from the internet.

* Update to a more recent release of OpenBiblio
    In general this is probably a good idea, but. In your case I'm not sure.
    There might be security issues with the OpenBiblio version you are using. But there can also be a problem: updating automatically doesn't work when the old version is from
    To complicate things even more: the current release (0.6.1) still has issues when run with recent versions of PHP and MySQL. There are fixes but not an official release.

Cancel  Add attachments