When trying to create labels, my Acrobat reader says "Unrecognized object name". and nothing happens.
I'm using Mozilla 1.3 and IE 6 sp1, Windows 2000, Apache 2.0.45 and PHP 4.3.1 as an module and MySQL 4.0.12-nt. Extension=php_pdf.dll is enabled in php.ini. I'm using OpenBiblio 0.4.0 Acrobat reader is version 5.1.
Do you have any ideas, what could be wrong?
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
I have the same problem with my Italian translation, but it correctly works with English.
I think it's a word=command problem.
I am also using Mozilla 1.3 and IE6, Windows 2000, Apache 2 and PHP 4.3 but can not reproduce the problem. One thing to mention is that the pdf software that I am using does not use the php_pdf.dll module so you do not have to enable it in php.ini. I am using the pdf-php project on sourceforge (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdf-php/\), which does not have special PHP compilation requirements like the php_pdf.dll would.
I wonder if there is a conflict with between the php_pdf.dll module and pdf-php. Try disableing the php_pdf.dll module and see if it works. Or, it could be what Milhaus mentioned also. Not sure.
Hope that helps.
- Dave Stevens
OpenBiblio project admin
I disabled the php_pdf module, but the problem still exists. Then I changed the language from my own Finnish translation to English, and PDF labelling works. Back to Finnish again, and I receive the error message "Unrecognized object name.".
Like Milhaus said, it must be a word=command problem.
I am facing the same problem. but in a diffrent way. when i try to create lable on Windows 2000 using IE 6 sp1 nothing happens. there is a messege on the status bar of IE 'cancelled' and nothing appears. But on the other hand, when i try to create lable with Windows XP Client , all goes well . ??? why ???
I don't know. Are you using 0.6.0? This is the first report I've seen of a browser incompatibility with the new reports system. Is the Windows XP machine using the same version of IE?
These are my results after submit on page Skip Labels:
* Windows 2000, OpenBiblio 0.6.0, Acrobat reader 4.0, IE 6.0.2800.1106
IE blank page, status bar: Done, Source can not be viewed
* Windows 2000, OpenBiblio 0.6.0, Acrobat reader 4.0, Firefox 220.127.116.11
Acrobat shows labels correctly
What is your Acrobat / Adobe Reader version?
See what happens if you add this line to the top of shared/layout.php after the require_once("../shared/common.php") line:
The old reports system did this, and there was a comment with it about IE doing funny things unless the line was there. I didn't see anything in my tests, but it's quite possible that it only affects certain versions.
Adding that line didn't fix it for IE 6 / Acrobat 4. I'm quite sure upgrading Acrobat or installing a different PDF reader would. For now I'll stick with Firefox / Acrobat 4.
Just to be sure my Acrobat / IE was not broken I tested some other web applications that produce PDF. Mixed results:
* Some OK (including one that also uses the fpdf class)
* Others failed with IE blank page
Which one uses FPDF and is OK? There's probably something they're doing that we can copy.
That's the Article module for the XOOPS content management system.
Downloads (sorry for the multiple requirements):
* Article module
(redirects to download page from China, slow for me)
I finally took the time to look into this a bit, and I think the problem is that IE and/or the old version of Acrobat Reader wants the URL to have a .pdf extension. I can't be certain of this, though, as I don't have a misbehaving Windows box to test on. I'd like it if somebody who can reproduce the blank-screen problem could try running a report and changing the layout URL from something like this:
to something like this:
If either or both of those URLs fix the problem, then we can put a simple workaround in obiblio. (Both of the URLs behave just like the original for me under Firefox).
You've found the cure Micah, at least for my system (the same as before): Windows 2000, OpenBiblio 0.6.0, Acrobat reader 4.0, IE 6.0.2800.1106
Changing URL in IE address bar resulted in the same error as before.
Changing the php code fixes the problem but...
* Only your first suggested change works.
* Perhaps some additional code is needed to fix Overdue Letters.
# fixes .pdf print list
# fixes .pdf label layout
<form name="layoutparamform" method="GET" action="../shared/layout.php/dummy.pdf">
I did not see how to fix Overdue Letters. When I change /reports/run_report.php line 121 this causes the "Skip Labels" page to fail after submitting.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter: