Session Start and Deprecated function error

Help
2009-10-04
2013-05-30
  • erehwon6811

erehwon6811 - 2009-10-04

I'm trying out openbiblio to use in a personal environment for managing my collection of books and other items.  I'm trying it out in Virtual PC using:

Windows XP,  Firefox 3.5.3,
       XAMPP 1.7.2, OpenBiblio 0.6.1

installed using this guide - http://osilms.pbworks.com/openbiblio-installation

I'm getting the following errors at the top of the screen:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\Query.php on line 247

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\Query.php:247) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openbiblio\shared\common.php on line 84

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\Query.php:247) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openbiblio\shared\common.php on line 84

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\openbiblio\shared\header.php on line 6

I do intend to do this out of a virtual machine, once I finish testing to see if I like it.  I'm looking into OpenBiblio since the developer on Open Media Collectors Database is going to stop working on his program.

• Fred LaPlante

Fred LaPlante - 2009-10-04

Solution is actually pretty easy.  Bring up php.ini in your favorite programming editor.  search for 'deprecated'. You will find a short write-up on error messages.  change the default selection to NOT include deprecation warnings.

Seems the latest release of PHP, which the current verson of XAMPP for windows has, includes this warning as the default.  I guess the Apache Friends folks think all users are developers!  At time of OpenBiblio 0.61 release, these items were not deprecated in PHP but are now in preparation for the coming PHP 6.

Fred LaPlante

• erehwon6811

erehwon6811 - 2009-10-07

Thanks.  That worked.  Now I have to look into that amazon add on.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks