Bibliography Check Out issue

Help
Arash
2012-03-01
2013-05-30
  • Arash

Arash - 2012-03-01

Hi guys,
    I made a connector and updated table biblio, biblio_copy and biblio_field  with my data. I use JD4395 as an example barcode here. Now when i search onder tab Cataloging with barcode JD4395 -> I get the right information(Copy Barcode: JD4395 Status: checked in). But when i use the same barcode under Circulation tab->Bibliography Check Out it gives me the error message: Barcode Number: No bibliography was found with that barcode number!
    So I dicided to check the data through phpmyadmin and funny thing is when i run this query: SELECT * FROM `biblio_copy` WHERE `barcode_nmbr` = 'JD4395'  I get this message: MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). ( Query took 0.0005 sec ). So the database says the data is not here but how can i find the right data through tab Cataloging!!? It means that the data should be somewhere. I checkt all tables biblio, biblio_copy and biblio_field but couldn't find any info regarding this issue!!   I hope somebody can give me a hint.
    Thank you

• Hans van der Weij

The query in Check Out is more or less identical to the query in your message.

Searchquery in Cataloging looks something like this:

SELECT * FROM `biblio_copy` WHERE `barcode_nmbr` like '%JD4395%'

I would not be surprised if this query in phpmyadmin returns the result you were expecting.
    If that is correct, than you should check if the barcode in the biblio_copy table is really identical to JD4395.
    Perhaps your connector appended characters that are not visible in OpenBiblio's interface (spaces?).

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks