installation

Help
2008-12-22
2015-08-21
  • Nobody/Anonymous

how can i install the openbiblio ? is there any requirement to install?
    pls help..
    thanks..
    hoping for your response..

• Nobody/Anonymous

you will find the install instructions into the package

• Vincent Miranda Abrigo

I recently discovered OpenBiblio and found that it is the most suitable software for the office. I am working on Joomla and therefore have an XAMPP installed as my localhost and integrated server for Apache, myphpadmin and mysql. my problem is that when I am about to run the command, http://localhost/openbiblio/install/index.php, the initial display goes:

OpenBiblio 0.6.1 Installation
      The connection to the database failed with the following error.

Cannot connect to database server.: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -- FULL SQL: Connecting to database server...   

Please make sure the following has been done before running this install script.

1. create OpenBiblio database (step 4 of the install instructions)
         2. create OpenBiblio database user (step 5 of the install instructions)
         3. update openbiblio/database_constants.php with your new database username and password (step 8 of the install instructions)

See Install Instructions for more details.

I need help on how to proceed.

Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Do you have trouble finding the install instructions?

[on the system you have described] Try this link: http://localhost/openbiblio/install_instructions.html

• Nobody/Anonymous

I found the installation insturctions, however, I got stuck with step 2. I am a newbie programmer and I am having difficulty finding the mentioned files. It does not help also that my PC runs on Windows Vista? Do you have a step by step installation guide that includes the exact details for configuration?

Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Joomla is running so XAMPP probably has taken care of step 2 Install Instructions.
        If you experience unexpected errors you can check later: http://localhost/openbiblio/install/phpinfo.php : value for session.save_path

Skip step 3 Install Instructions.
        Find the folder where XAMPP has installed MySQL and use the path to this folder in the test command sequence described in step 4, proceed from there.

OR

Use the instructions from Vimal Kumar
        http://www.asbindia.in/vimal/openbiblio/
        These instructions are using EasyPHP. XAMPP is similar. Your next step should be creating the database for OpenBiblio using PhpMyAdmin. Jump in at step 2.4 and take into account that the XAMPP menu is a little different.

• Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2015-08-19

i am confuse how to create database i could not create please help, i have attached snapshots. please help me

• Hans van der Weij

Perhaps $mysql_host needs to be 'quoted'.

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-19

i did but same issue i could not connect database kindky help me please

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-19

i did but problem could not solved

• Hans van der Weij

Having looked at the snapshots again, especially snap 2.png, I think it looks like the database is created sucsessfully.

Is GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES allowed on your host? Perhaps installing OpenBiblio will succeed without this privilege. But using OpenBiblio as a library staff member might be problematic because some functions require temporary tables. Not all hosts allow temporary tables, and I didn't bother to find a workaround for that. Want to try? http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-20

i am new i have just learn from openbiblio instruction install openbiblio on 3rd party web server but i could not install please help me i don't my my host GRANT All PRIVILEGS. what should i do how to install it.

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-20

i am surfring from this problem..

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-20

i have upload files via Filezilla > is that okay?

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-20

thanks alot i have installed finally it works

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-20

i can't delet books record ? when i click on delet i found an error snap is attached kindlyh solve my problem. and how to add record as mrc format i have all data in ms excel.

• Hans van der Weij

For new questions, use the "Create Topic" button in the side panel.

Fatal error during delete: make sure that alle OpenBiblio scripts are transferred correctly to the server, without corruption. You would not be the first to struggle with this.

From Excel to OpenBiblio, I see two options.
    1) Save data from Excel to a plain text format, convert this to MARC, upload MARC to OpenBiblio. Perhaps a bit complicated.
    2) Save data from Excel to .CSV. Install patch "Upload CSV Data". It should not be hard to install this patch for OpenBiblio 0.7.1 and 0.7.2

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-21

how to install patch for openBiblio?

• Hans van der Weij

Copy the contents from the .ZIP-file (linked in my previous message) to the corresponding folders on the server where your OpenBiblio is hosted. This will overwrite some of the original files from version 0.7.1 or 0.7.2.

Undo

Anonymous - 2015-08-21

thanks i have done it. now i'll try to upload CSV file

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks