Difference between checked out and on loan?

Help
Marie
2010-12-13
2013-05-30
  • Marie

Marie - 2010-12-13

Hello,

I am working on a Swedish translation of 0.6.1/0.7.0 but I wonder what the diffrence is between out/checked out and ln/on loan in the biblio_status_dm table. Both would translate into one and same word in Swedish…

Sr Marie

• Hans van der Weij

For 0.7 and older versions the differences are:

OpenBiblio - out/checked out: checked out to a particular member. A barcode number that corresponds to a bibliography copy has been submitted in the Check Out form on the Member Info page. This results in setting fields for that bibliography copy in table biblio_copy (status_cd ,status_begin_dt ,due_back_dt  ,mbrid ,renewal_count). And a record is added to table biblio_status_hist
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/check%20out : to satisfy all requirements in taking away <checked out a library book>

OpenBiblio - ln/on loan: The copy is checked out, but there is no particular member specified. The only way to set this status is in Cataloging: page Edit Copy. Fields set for that bibliography copy in table biblio_copy (status_cd ,status_begin_dt). There is no record added to biblio_status_hist

I'm sure that obiblio-1.0-wip is different, not sure how it's different.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks